What to do when you REALLY want chocolate?????

Options

Replies

• shannon_stallone
    Options
    Have a piece of chocolate! :) Twix makes really yummy mini chocolate icecream bars for 90 calories and dove mini chocolates are 50 calories a piece...
  • Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate too. I really like the Skinny cow bars.
  • sostengo
    Options
    Yeah, just eat it. I am also loving chocolate and still eat chocolate nearly everyday, i just reduced it from being 1 bar per day to 1 piece per day. You should buy yourself really really good chocolate, one piece per day, enjoy it. Suck the chocolate, it will give you more!
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    OMG I almost forgot....my new love, jello chocolate pudding. They make several different kids, regular and tempations which is the whipped, they taste amazing and most of the chocolate ones are either 60 calories or 100 calories!!
  • Cely21
    Cely21 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Okay I am a firm believer if you are craving something you should have it. Otherwise ur gonna overeat trying to avoid that one thing. However you cab have it but dont over do it!! I recommend the skinny cow candy clusters or bars. I like the peanut butter one when my sweet tooth attacks. Good luck!

Funny that's exactly what I did today!! I was snacked sooo much today trying to satisfy my sweet tooth and nothing helped untill I finally had some I didn't the whole bar though... so that'sa good thing.. I felt better after chocolate craving GONE!!! LOL!!
  • kpxfiles
    kpxfiles Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I suggest going 30 days straight without eating chocolate, then only eating chocolate when you really feel like it. I find that if I stay away from a certain food for at least 30 days, it helps control cravings. I used to love ice cream to the point I ate a whole tub. I stopped eating it for 30 days. I still have ice cream, but I noticed that I crave it less and I feel good with just a small cup of ice cream. Same goes with chocolate. Now I just eat the small dark chocolate squares at Whole Foods or the Skinny Cow Bar.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i lick my arm
  • Cely21
    Options
    i lick my arm

LOL!!!
  • Cely21
    Options
    Thnx you guys for all the suggestions I really appreciate it!!! :happy:
  • JessicaMarie9382
    Options
    I have some chocolate!! I haven't totally given up anything because I don't believe it's realistic to live that way and I've still managed to lost 40 lbs in 6 months.

I agree! I have lost 37lbs in 7 months and the only thing I gave up 100% was pop! You want chocolate? Girl, have some....just portion it out! :)
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Are there any suggestions or alternatives to when your REALLY craving chocolate?? I have to admit for being a major chocolate lover I have been doing good not having chocolate except maybe on my cheat day and even then I sometimes don't have any. It's been 1 month now and today I REaLLY REally wanted some chocolate!!! I had some just a little but my question to everyone is is there a such thing as a healthy chocolate?? Or what do you guys suggest as an alternative???? HELP PLEASE!!!!! Thanx!! :smile:
    Sometimes, when I'm REALLY craving chocolate I will go to the store and buy six or seven milk chocolate bars and two or three dark chocolate bars and maybe even a white chocolate bar. I will come home, put on some music, turn the lights down really low and make sure the shades are drawn. I will slowly unwrap each bar, carefully peeling the paper away in one large delicate sheet. Then I'll start to sensually remove the foil, almost as if I'm undressing a woman. I will hold the chocolate up near my nose, breathing deeply, savoring the smell. My hear rate quickens and my eyesight becomes sharp with the anticipation.

I will take all the chocolate bars, now naked and gleaming with desire, and place them on a plate. I will then put this plate in the microwave for about 20 seconds, to get the bars soft and warm. You can't heat them too long or they will start to melt. You want the chocolate warm and malleable. While the microwave is going, I take my clothes off. When the timer bell rings, the chocolate is ready. I am ready.

I take the plate of warm chocolate bars and bring them to the bedroom. The only light is the flickering of unscented candles. I don't want to mix the air with anything but the smell of warm chocolate. With the chocolate still warm, I proceed to smear it all over my body...

Nah... Just kidding. I eat some chocolate, silly. Plan for it in your daily calories.
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    you know those TIIINY little dark chocolate chips in the bulk section of winco? the ones you find in a lot of pumkin desserts? i eat some of those. they are soo good and they melt in your mouth like milk choco. maybe not quite as good as milk, but so close, that your craving will go away.
  • Cely21
    Options
    Are there any suggestions or alternatives to when your REALLY craving chocolate?? I have to admit for being a major chocolate lover I have been doing good not having chocolate except maybe on my cheat day and even then I sometimes don't have any. It's been 1 month now and today I REaLLY REally wanted some chocolate!!! I had some just a little but my question to everyone is is there a such thing as a healthy chocolate?? Or what do you guys suggest as an alternative???? HELP PLEASE!!!!! Thanx!! :smile:
    Sometimes, when I'm REALLY craving chocolate I will go to the store and buy six or seven milk chocolate bars and two or three dark chocolate bars and maybe even a white chocolate bar. I will come home, put on some music, turn the lights down really low and make sure the shades are drawn. I will slowly unwrap each bar, carefully peeling the paper away in one large delicate sheet. Then I'll start to sensually remove the foil, almost as if I'm undressing a woman. I will hold the chocolate up near my nose, breathing deeply, savoring the smell. My hear rate quickens and my eyesight becomes sharp with the anticipation.

I will take all the chocolate bars, now naked and gleaming with desire, and place them on a plate. I will then put this plate in the microwave for about 20 seconds, to get the bars soft and warm. You can't heat them too long or they will start to melt. You want the chocolate warm and malleable. While the microwave is going, I take my clothes off. When the timer bell rings, the chocolate is ready. I am ready.

I take the plate of warm chocolate bars and bring them to the bedroom. The only light is the flickering of unscented candles. I don't want to mix the air with anything but the smell of warm chocolate. With the chocolate still warm, I proceed to smear it all over my body...

Nah... Just kidding. I eat some chocolate, silly. Plan for it in your daily calories.

OMGosh!!!! I was think'n what a weirdo!!!!
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    eat some... just not a lot
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    OMGosh!!!! I was think'n what a weirdo!!!!
    Oh, I'm a complete weirdo. You were right about that.

But do just eat some chocolate. Really. Don't give it so much power. You can eat a little chocolate every day and stay within your calorie plan and it still BE HEALTHY.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Heheheheh, I was wondering where that chocolate melting in the microwave story was going.....

I (usually) eat chocolate if I'm craving it - depending on my mood I might buy a pack of Dove promises single dark chocs or some Lindt 70%. The good thing about dark chocolate is that it isn't so sweet so I tend not to eat so much of it. Other times I buy the smallest choccy I can find and eat that - I know there are some days where I won't have the willpower to leave the rest of the block alone.

Find what works for you, but as everyone has said, you don't have to give it up completely.

Oh, and I also make my own chocolate milk or mocha - mix unsweetened cocoa power with a little bit of coffee powder and dissolve it in a splash of hot water. Add cold milk and let it get really cold in the fridge. I find that the milk makes it sweet enough to enjoy, but it needs to be really cold.
  • savannahgro
    savannahgro Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    nature valley dark chocolate granola squares... they are only 80 calories and awesome when kept refrigerated!
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    My aunt the dietitan recommended to have hot cocoa (milk + cocoa + bit of sugar) as cocoa has very few calories and its a serving of dairy;
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate and eat it whenever I want it. Life is to short to worry about little things like this.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Snyders has these really good pretzels dipped in chocolate. 20 cals each