Anyone who just loses it at night?

Options
I do good all day and somehow at night it ends up to a binge.
Anyone else go through this?
What do you do to overcome this?

Replies

• jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    go to bed earlier. lol, but really, when you figure this one out. let me know
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    happens to me sometimes.. the less carbs i eat during day the better i do though
  • Seventhwave
    Options
    my solutions to this problem are:

1 - have really dark (i mean 85% if you can get it) chocolate. Just 1 or 2 squares. Really rich and should knock your chocolate craving on the head.

2 - Have some chopped fruit after dinner (berries are great)

3 - brush teeth after dinner - this really helps!!

good luck!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Try to eat less during the day so you have the calories for more at night when you crave :]
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    Well i can tell you that my solution to watch the food channel was a huge mistake so don't do that.
    My second solution to have a few drinks lead to more drinks which lead to more.. well you see where this is going.
    I tried "healthy snacks" but who the hell wants those when you are eating for no reason.

So I got nothing .. let me know if you find something that works.
  • healthyzebra
    Options
    Many people do 'lose it' at night, but the reason you keep bingeing is because you're depriving your body. I looked through your food diary, and on the days that you didn't binge, you ate very little and none of it was very good, whole food. (Lots of processed food, sugar, candy, fast food, etc...) and your recorded goal currently is only 900 calories, which is not a number your body can run on. The reason you 'lose it' at night is because your body NEEDS food and nutrients, but you're not giving it any.

To stop this bingeing, eat healthy, whole, unprocessed foods, three meals a day plus snacks (or 5 - 6 small meals a day) and always have at least 1,200 NET calories. Hit your macronutrient goals of carbs / protein / fat, and the late night eating should go away on its own.
  • Chastityx
    Chastityx Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    eat more protien less carbs, really helped me
  • Chaseyk
    Chaseyk Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi there I sort of figured out why I tend to do just that and on weekends it is even worse, I get bored and start grazing.
    I have found knitting or doing something gets my mind off food even brushing your teeth helps.
  • mdgriff
    Options
    Jm75 is probably right.. I find if I dont do much during the day I have to try and not spend time in my bed so I can distinguish relaxing and actually sleeping, otherwise I sit in bed all night craving food. It's better to be out of bed and find something productive to do until you're ready to sleep so you can get in bed and drift off hopefully not thinking about food!!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Just stop it.

I used to be the same way. Then I realized I wasn't going to die of starvation in the three or four hours before bed and I just stopped eating and embraced the discomfort. Now it doesn't feel "bad" and just feels like the normal pre-bedtime sensation. I always feel so much better in the morning if I don't munch before sleep. :)

You can do it. Just have some strength and resolve to use your willpower!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Many people do 'lose it' at night, but the reason you keep bingeing is because you're depriving your body. I looked through your food diary, and on the days that you didn't binge, you ate very little and none of it was very good, whole food. (Lots of processed food, sugar, candy, fast food, etc...) and your recorded goal currently is only 900 calories, which is not a number your body can run on. The reason you 'lose it' at night is because your body NEEDS food and nutrients, but you're not giving it any.

To stop this bingeing, eat healthy, whole, unprocessed foods, three meals a day plus snacks (or 5 - 6 small meals a day) and always have at least 1,200 NET calories. Hit your macronutrient goals of carbs / protein / fat, and the late night eating should go away on its own.

I quoted healthyzebra so you would read this again.

Sound advice!
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    yep... that's my biggest issue. i used to go to bed early to avoid snacks after tea. but now the partner doesn't work nights, he wants me to stay up (and sabotage myself). i need to really sort it out.

i've started having diet yoghurt and diet jelly in the fridge to avoid calories.

and i always save some of the days calories for my night snack so that i can have something.
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the question and thanks healthyzebra for the answer.
  • paperlily
    paperlily Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This has been my problem for so long! I attribute part of it to the panic of having no meals left in the day. :blushing: I know some people are very much against eating late at night but I have started eating dinner later. In part because I usually am exercising when I would have been eating before (say somewhere between 5:30-7). By the time I have cooled off, prepared the meal, eaten, waited, had a cup of tea, waited I usually only want a bit of fruit or yoghurt if anything at night. It helps to leave a few extra calories from the day so you can have a little snack if that is when you feel most hungry.

Not having any of the problem foods (chocolate!) in the house is probably the main thing for me though!
  • skinnnyxoxo
    skinnnyxoxo Posts: 210 Member
    Options

Some of those days where my diary barely has any food is because I dont feel like adding my binges to the database since they'll show up on my "Most Used" list. Thanks for the suggestion to changing my calories to 1200. Thank you and I will take your suggestions into consideration.
  • julietsingleton
    julietsingleton Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I drink lots of water, and if i still feel the urge to eat i go to bed = Problem solved lol
  • skinnnyxoxo
    skinnnyxoxo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I would also love sleeping early, but I have so much to do and a day just doesn't have enough hours. Haha, not complaining though.
  • Sonjaar
    Options
    I am terrible at night, I always eat a lot sitting on the sofa watching tv. I find having a pint of water/squash helps a lot as it fills you up, and the squash helps stop the sweet cravings!
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    What healthyzebra said. Do you really expect to deprive your body from what it needs and get no reaction? Bingeing is your body's call for help!
  • marzahl68
    marzahl68 Posts: 201
    Options
    Used to do this all the time, years ago. Now my days are more structured: I go to bed around 9, I don't watch a lot of tv and therefore don't have to sit through endless Papa John's commercials that would ultimately tempt me to pig out at night.