Stuck, stuck, stuck, is it anything to do with the carpet

Options
Hi there.

My weight has stuck for a couple of weeks now. I got weighed with the scales on the carpet instead of the hard tiled bathroom floor when my bathroom was out of use.

I heard that on different surfaces the scales may be different. Is this true. Any advice please. I'm fed up of being stuck.

Pat

Replies

• hstallings13
    Options
    I think carpet can cause it to mess up. The best surface is supposed to be a hard flat one
  • Whitneylol
    Options
    Put that baby back on tile! :)
  • luv2runsgf
    Options
    Depending on the scale you might weigh less on carpet than hard surfaces - the scale does not "feel" 100% of your body weight force pushing on it while on carpet because it sinks into the carpet fibers. Some scales sell little rubber or plastic feet to put on the bottom while on carpet. I don't know if this applies to newer, fancier scales though.
    You can always work toward a non-scale victory while on a plateau - losing inches or being able to exercise longer for instance. Celebrate the small steps - they do add up!
  • Chastityx
    Chastityx Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    try it, weigh yourself on the tile, then turn around and weigh yourself on the carpet.