NSV running

ukgirly01
ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
edited October 3 in Success Stories
I've been using MFP on and off since January. In Jan I decided I'd like to run, never having been able to do this it gave me incentive to be able to achieve something as well as weight loss. I started on a steady C25K programme and the first week was hell. I could only just run for 1 minute and the 2 minute walk between intervals felt like nothing. However it took a lot of mental strength and I completed my 1st 5k in July. I now run 5 times a week for about 3 miles each time and I'm about to start speed work and extra distance running this week.
I love being able to consider myself a runner and best still is the calorie burn. Only another 7lbs and I'm no longer obese, just fat and I'm hoping the running will let me leave that fat behind.
Has anyone else had great results running? Lets share them and drag others along with us.

Replies

• P.S. You ARE a runner now - you are running :-)
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Agreed ! If you are running then you are a runner, no question

Well done :bigsmile:

* Edited because I can't type
  • rachie590
    rachie590 Posts: 107 Member
    Congrats!! Thanks for sharing!!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!