What do you know now you wish you knew at the start?

Options
That if i can lose weight once, i can do it again. I shouldn't get discouraged so quickly!

Replies

• MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Plateaus suck but persistance really does pay off -- keep working through it and you WILL come out on the other side.
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    That this is for yourself, so don't let others comments get under your skin.
  • lrd2010
    lrd2010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I wish I'd known how easy the actual calories in < calories out actually is. I'd over analysed it for so long. As soon as I knew the sums that make the body work it all just clicked into place!

Poor, poor teenage and 20 year old me, just had to wait for 30 year old me to get it together :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Time. It takes time, patience and control. Thanks for reminding me as I start again each and every day!
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Protein! When I wanted to lose weight from the ages of like 8 until this June, I'd just starve myself, lose 7lb in a week and then fall off the "wagon" after damaging my metabolism. If I'd known that protein takes care of your muscles and hadn't excluded it so much from my diet I may actually have lost the weight ):
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Time. It takes time, patience and control. Thanks for reminding me as I start again each and every day!

That's what I'm still learning! Once you hit your goal weight you haven't finished! after 6 weeks and gaining back 1/4 of my weight I've just realised this Burgers and chocolates cannot become daily treats again!
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Not to eat below net calories, assuming the less you eat the more you lose. D'oh!
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    That getting fitted for running shoes isn't just some slick sales pitch. They could be the ultimate difference between success and failure!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    1. To take it easy when starting running... too much too quickly leads to injury.
    2. That I could have started running even when I was very heavy - just take it easy.

Things that I knew, but have had reinforced:

1. Willpower is key.
    2. There are no quick solutions.