Water Aerobics

Anyone do this? I think with my back injury, this would be ideal for me. Two days a week, 40 min. classes. My local college offers the courses, and I'm thinking of signing up tomorrow.

Replies

• dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Anyone do this? I think with my back injury, this would be ideal for me. Two days a week, 40 min. classes. My local college offers the courses, and I'm thinking of signing up tomorrow.
  • bugmagnt
    bugmagnt Posts: 150
    Do it! I have done it for several years, and love it....

There usually are two different types: low water and deep water. Low water is when you are standing in the low end while doing aerobic moves. Deep water -- and my fav -- is when you have a floatation belt to keep you afloat while jogging, cross country sking, ab work, etc. Both classes often use noodles, kickboards, water weights, etc, too.

The great thing about water aeobics is that I always feel like I get a great workout (of course, I love water stuff and swimming) -- and you have the resistance of the water which helps you to work your muscles even more. And, it is great for those with joint problems, who are pregnant, etc. There are also special arthritis water classes for those who need it.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    I took a 10 week class awhile back and really enjoyed it!

It's definitely easier on people's bodies because the water supports you where air doesn't. I've seen it recommended quite often for the elderly as well as people healing from injuries.
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    That's what I was hoping. It's just lining up too well for it not be fate lol