College Blues

Options
Hey Everyone,

When I was about 12 I had ballooned to 189 pounds and I was 5'2". Then over 6 years I got myself down to 150 pounds and grew 4.5 inches. Of course I went to college fall 2007 and started gaining the wonderful freshmen 15!! But for me it's more so like the freshmen 50. I'm so depressed and devastated over my huge increase in weight. My family has always pressured me to be thin and I'd finally done it up until I went to college. If I wasn't thin then I was worthless and they would always make comments or make fun of me when I was younger. Now I hate facing them when I go home on breaks because I feel like a failure. I am 200 pounds and this is my heaviest. Not only did all my hard work from before go down the drain but I gained an additional 11 pounds. I just have no motivation. Every time I go to the gym I work so hard, burning at least 500 calories, I eat within the recommended amount of calories and I drink water constantly throughout the day. Is there any advice or ideas? Anything will help me, honestly. I just need some kind of feedback. Thanks:cry: .

Replies

• rocker52
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

When I was about 12 I had ballooned to 189 pounds and I was 5'2". Then over 6 years I got myself down to 150 pounds and grew 4.5 inches. Of course I went to college fall 2007 and started gaining the wonderful freshmen 15!! But for me it's more so like the freshmen 50. I'm so depressed and devastated over my huge increase in weight. My family has always pressured me to be thin and I'd finally done it up until I went to college. If I wasn't thin then I was worthless and they would always make comments or make fun of me when I was younger. Now I hate facing them when I go home on breaks because I feel like a failure. I am 200 pounds and this is my heaviest. Not only did all my hard work from before go down the drain but I gained an additional 11 pounds. I just have no motivation. Every time I go to the gym I work so hard, burning at least 500 calories, I eat within the recommended amount of calories and I drink water constantly throughout the day. Is there any advice or ideas? Anything will help me, honestly. I just need some kind of feedback. Thanks:cry: .
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    First say after me - "My current body it the most precious gift I have ever been given." Try to love yourself no matter what - that is one thing that I am really working on, too. Second sounds like you know what to do but there are some really good tips labeled newbie under the diet strand that I found really helpful. I'll bump one that is called THE answers to THE questions - that one is really good.

Here's the link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions

Hope they help and good luck!!!! What are you studying?
    Amy:drinker:

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • rocker52
    Options
    I'm studying psychology and art. You'd think that being a psych major would help, but it really doesn't. I can figure everyone else out but myself... Thank you though for the advice. I'm looking at all these success stories and blogs and I'm impressed. Every pound lost really is an accomplishment, so congratulations on your progress and once again, thank you!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    the most wonderful thing to remember and something I am reminded o feveryday on this website is that you are not alone and you can get past this. Remember to be grateful ...it sounds trite but it is so true...IT COULD BE WORSE....a good friend of mine was just laid off today after 15 years with the same company...no retirement benefits...horrible....I have a friend who is blind and yet a happy person..

you can lose weight
    you will lose weight
    think postiive
    you are not alone

Dave:smile: