Any one tried Bob Evans Light Breakfast?

Options
AmyNVegas
AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
I saw the commercial for the light Bob Evans breakfast sandwiches I think that was the brand the one with the sun and rainbow and the cloud as characters. Has anyone tried them and are they good?
Amy

118984.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Replies

• AmyNVegas
    Options
    I saw the commercial for the light Bob Evans breakfast sandwiches I think that was the brand the one with the sun and rainbow and the cloud as characters. Has anyone tried them and are they good?
    Amy

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen any sandwiches, but Bob Evans had a nice combo breakfast that was egg whites, turkey sausage, and a fruit crepe. It was really good and I'm assuming low calorie because that's how it was advertised :tongue:
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    I haven't seen the sandwiches either yet, are they sold in stores or at the restauraunts? I used to work at Bob Evans as a hostess and I would look through the nutrition info, just for fun :wink: Alot of their food is OBSCENE in calories. They do have some healthy choices, but like the one you mentioned Laura is about 600 calories and advertised as low calorie and "fit" :noway: lol The regular crepes (for two small crepes) is almost 1,100 calories :noway: This is not in a mean way, but we used to have a bunch of women who would come in on their lunch hour and just rave about how "light" and "healthy" our stacked and stuffed hotcakes were. Ya, light at 1,500 calories :grumble: lol just thought I'd share, they should put calories IN the menu.
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Beware of Bob Evans... I read an article a couple of months ago stating that they have some of the highest trans fat rations in their foods out of many restaurants. I'm not sure I believe that they have any healthy options anymore :( Too bad, too, because I used to like that place.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen the sandwiches either yet, are they sold in stores or at the restauraunts? I used to work at Bob Evans as a hostess and I would look through the nutrition info, just for fun :wink: Alot of their food is OBSCENE in calories. They do have some healthy choices, but like the one you mentioned Laura is about 600 calories and advertised as low calorie and "fit" :noway: lol The regular crepes (for two small crepes) is almost 1,100 calories :noway: This is not in a mean way, but we used to have a bunch of women who would come in on their lunch hour and just rave about how "light" and "healthy" our stacked and stuffed hotcakes were. Ya, light at 1,500 calories :grumble: lol just thought I'd share, they should put calories IN the menu.

Wow, and I was feeling good when I ordered that! Oh well, it was a splurge day and I lost three pounds that week so I guess it wasn't that bad lol. Thanks for the info though!
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    They are supposed to have egg whites and a turkey sausage patty on a whole grain muffin. Anyone eaten them? They are sold in grocers freezer case.

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary