Help Needed!

Options
Hi Guys,

I need help and ideas on how to motivate myself again. I recently lost my grandma and had the funeral a week ago. I have lost all motivation to start to lose weight again.

I have lost 20 pounds so far but have lost nothing over the last 3 weeks. I know she would want me to be successful in losing the weight but I am really stuggling to start again as I have got back into the habit of eating rubbish again.

any advice would be really helpful

Thanks
Danielle

Replies

• HDurow1018
    HDurow1018 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about your loss...I know how hard that can be. You already said the one key motivational point....she would want you to keep going ;) Just remember that she already got to see you begin your weight loss journey and be proud of you for what you accomplished! Now you just need to use your memories of her and how great I'm sure you have been feeling after losing those 20 pounds to get back at it. Start slow....go for walks, try cutting out one of the crap foods you've taken to eating again. Don't stress yourself out by jumping back in full force....once you start, it'll be easier to get back to where you were.
    I hope this helped you :) Stay strong <3
  • IslandHopperKW
    IslandHopperKW Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself and allow yourself time to grieve. Exercise might help boost your mood too. I'm very sorry about your loss. I'm sure your grandma is very proud of you!
  • brianblinn
    brianblinn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You can be strong! Remember the moments you had with her. Let that memory, HER memory be your strength. She still loves you & is rooting for you... as am I!
  • willumx
    Options
    Hi, Sorry to hear about that. The answer your looking for was in your question...she would have wanted you to carry on. That's all you need, and think of all the hard work that you put in to lose that much, which is a lot! Keep going, you can do it! Never give up!! I hope that everything goes OK for you, people on here can help, we are all motivated but we all fall at some point, but we are here to pick you up and dust you off.....and give you a gentle push:) Take it easy and keep smiling :)
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    So sorry for you loss, if you know your Grandma would want you to be successful losing weight then use that as your motivation. Its a new start, you are so young...don't wait until you are older I find it is much harder to lose weight. I believe once you start eating healthy food and exercising regularly you will feel so much better, and that in it's self will motivate you even more....your Grandma will be so proud of you! You can do this!! Feel free to friend me if you like, I will support you :flowerforyou:
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I lost a bunch of weight a while back and then my Dad was diagnsed with Cancer and survived for 2 months before finally losing the battle. I got into a funk, though I tried not to appear to be in one. After 4 months of griping about my body, weight, how I looked to myself, I finally woke up one day and realized I am in control of this so either I do something about it or just shut up! I did great for a couple months then slacked off and once again after a month of excuses, I had the same conversation stated above to myself and I have not looked back since. It has been 5 months of not looking back, being happy over the little things, not focusing on the big picture too much and just enjoying life and the healthy choices I have made.
    Life gets "easier" to deal with after a while. You learn to live with your loss and the memories. You'll have good and bad days, accept that and be ok with it. Everyday won't be perfect but there are perfect moments everyday. Focus on them!!! Allow yourself to do what you need to to grieve the loss of your grandmother. Remember the loving times with her and it will keep the other memories at bay. She would want you to do what you NEED to do and if taking some time off of exercising or allowing yourself some binge foods helps, then you do waht you need to do. Just be sure it is your CHOICE, not something to bury the heart break.
    It will get better and life does go on for you. Make it the best one you can! You only get once shot!
  • danidav88
    Options
    Thanks everybody for all the support even if I am a blubbering wreck now lol.

I'm gonna start today like I did when I first started and get rid of this weight not only for myself but for my grandma as well.

Thanks guys x