Early Morning Work-Outs - HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• RollinDawg
    RollinDawg Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Do you have a smart phone? .. I use an alarm clock app that requires me to solve a math problem to snooze or disable it. You can even specify the difficulty of the math problem.

Ok, I would never be able to get that damn alarm off.
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    Do you have a smart phone? .. I use an alarm clock app that requires me to solve a math problem to snooze or disable it. You can even specify the difficulty of the math problem.

Cool! what is the app called??
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm in a simular situation (work full time then have class full time, it's insane), and my body naturally loves evening/late night workouts. I have had to FORCE myself to get up and do it. After doing that for a couple of weeks, my body has become used to it for the most part. I still don't really like it, but... if I don't get up and do it, it won't get done, and I will probably gain weight. Which is not cool.

There is usually one day a week that I still hit "snooze" for too long (ummm.... this morning!) but I plan for one DOR a week, and that morning that I just can't get up is the day that exercise doesn't happen.

YOU CAN DO THIS! :flowerforyou:
  • jase69
    jase69 Posts: 46
    Options
    I was like you when I started. So I decided to make my workouts at 4am. I am done by 4:30am

What kind of workout is this? A good workout will require a warmup and cool-down...so that leaves about 15 or 20 minutes tops for a workout...
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I was like you when I started. So I decided to make my workouts at 4am. I am done by 4:30am

What kind of workout is this? A good workout will require a warmup and cool-down...so that leaves about 15 or 20 minutes tops for a workout...

Really, you are going to judge someone else's workout? 30 minutes is enough time for a great workout for some of us! I consider the warm-up and cool-down to be part of my workout. There is no time for a long warmup/cooldown in my morning workouts. I go straight into high intensity because of time restraints.
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options

Cool! what is the app called??

There are a lot of them that have the same feature, the one I use is "Alarm Clock Plus" on Android.
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options

omg this exists!?! i would love waking up if i had to do math!
  • jase69
    jase69 Posts: 46
    Options

Really, you are going to judge someone else's workout? 30 minutes is enough time for a great workout for some of us! I consider the warm-up and cool-down to be part of my workout. There is no time for a long warmup/cooldown in my morning workouts. I go straight into high intensity because of time restraints.

Since when did asking what type of workout become judgmental?

And also, regarding "not enough time"....this person goes back to bed...I dont care what they do if it works for them, but just to your point of not having enough time.
  • LauraSchaller
    LauraSchaller Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    So after worrying about this.... and praying about it too..... my hours at work changed yesterday! They have me coming in a 1/2 Hour earlier in the mornings now, and in turn, will leave a 1/2 hour earlier in the afternoon. This gives me ample time to get in a great work-out between jobs and still have that extra 30 minutes to shower and such! Yaaay! Thanks for everyone's advice though.. those are some great ideas if I ever decide to work out in the wee hours of the morning.. not to mention.. I bet your advice helped someone struggling with this same issue. Great job MFP'ers!