For Women: weight lifting

Options
2»

Replies

• baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Compound exercises. Lift heavy, use your whole body, win!
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I just got a great new(ish) book from the library called The New Rules of Lifting for Women. The author is Lou Schuler. He's written a lot for men in the area of weight lifting, and in this book talks about how important weight lifting is for women, and that we need to life HEAVIER THINGS! Check into it! It totally motivates me to give it all I've got at the gym. I typically work on my core, arms/back, and legs/butt. I'm kinda getting conceited about my defined shoulders!!!

Edit: Haha, it looks like a few others were thiinking/typing the same thing as me as I wrote that. :laugh:

Ha ha yeah I was just going to write that too until I scrolled down and saw how many had. I begin stage 1 this week fingers crossed, although I might need to switch gyms or ask mine gets a squat rack

I'm looking forward to getting stronger not just leaner
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I've always just done by own thing, usually mixing it up between 4x8 and 3x12 sets/reps and dividing the week by body part and doing about 3 exercises per body part. Although my strength was increasing, I never saw any physical changes so I decided to stop *****footing it around and started http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/laura-bailey-muscle-building-program.html on Saturday. Just finished day 3 today. I only got a few hours of sleep last night because I was feeling the DOMS in my legs hardcore. I'm excited for more :p

Ah, I watched her video a while back and I just love it. Do you follow her nutrition program (in terms of consuming that many calories), or have you adjusted it in some way?

I could never eat what somebody tells me, especially since there are no cookies in that plan :p I have a terrible diet, one thing at a time :p

I'm 5'10 so naturally get to eat a good amount so I'm just aiming for about 2k plus what I burn and as much protein as I can... which is really really hard. I don't really like meat and a person can only eat so much yogurt, shakes and nuts. I'm excited to get over 100g... really gotta work on that part if I want to see results I guess :\

Well of course, if you can’t include cupcakes, I’m usually out too.

It is so nice to hear from a woman who is tall who eats 2,000 or more calories! This makes me happy. :flowerforyou:

Protein has been tough for me as well since I generally don’t eat a lot of meat. I’ve been trying to include more fish, and I probably have way too much protein powder but I haven’t found a good balance yet with eating the meat/dairy that I like and feel comfortable eating.

Anyway, I hadn’t heard from a woman yet on here who is tall and eats like a normal, weight-lifting person should, so thanks for making my day!
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Right now favorite are belly and chest workouts, but I love it all. Wohow!