I found a no calorie, no carb, and no fat or sodium water fl

Options
Ok i have been looking for a better flavoring for my water cause i cant stand plain water and i dont like adding lemons so i found Mio water flavering it Awsome it take just one drop and it takes the water taste out without over doing it and it has No carbs calories fat or sodium in it That was my big issue the sodium in the flaver packs i was using like 300 to 400 mg in a day just in mixes So i just wanted to let u all know about it Have a great Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Or just don't have pure water. Drink tea/coffee/soda/juice/eat more fruit/veg. I can't remember the last time i drank pure water, on it's own! No need to! :)
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    if there's no nutritional value in this Mio water, does that mean all ingredients are weird chemicals we can't pronounce?
  • krypt5
    krypt5 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Ok i have been looking for a better flavoring for my water cause i cant stand plain water and i dont like adding lemons so i found Mio water flavering it Awsome it take just one drop and it takes the water taste out without over doing it and it has No carbs calories fat or sodium in it That was my big issue the sodium in the flaver packs i was using like 300 to 400 mg in a day just in mixes So i just wanted to let u all know about it Have a great Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:

Nice find!
  • mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    No idea what is really in MIO. Id suggest organic lemon or lime juice..start the morning with warm cup of water and some lemon or lime juice. Gets the digestion system fired up early or just add some to bottle water. Nothing in the organic jucie other than potassium.
  • msstillion79
    Options
    Tobbs thats a great ? the ingredients are water, malic acid,propylene glycol,citric acid, natural falvor, potassium. I really dont know what they are so im goin to look it up thanx for making me think !!!!!!!:huh:
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Or just don't have pure water. Drink tea/coffee/soda/juice/eat more fruit/veg. I can't remember the last time i drank pure water, on it's own! No need to! :)

Worst. Advice. Evar.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Add frozen fruits to the water instead of ice cubes. Flavored water, and a tasty treat at the end of the glass!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Just fair warning. I loved MIO when I first tried it and it started giving me MASSIVE headaches. I can't drink more that one or two squirts of it a day without being incapacitated for 24 hours. If you search the forums here or some reviews, you will see alot of people have similar issues with it.
  • sara4cos
    Options
    Mio: Another Word for Chemicals. Sweetened with Sucralose. Contains Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Red 40, Blue 1, Malic Acid, and Propylene Glycol. All artificial colors and sweeteners. Very bad for you health, would not drink
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options

Worst. Advice. Evar.
    Also accurate. Our bodies need fluid, from any source. Doesn't have to be pure water.
  • krypt5
    krypt5 Posts: 243 Member
    Options

Worst. Advice. Evar.

Can you share why you think its bad advice.
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I really like Mio too. I used to drink a lot of Diet Coke, and I hardly drink it at all anymore. I know Mio is full of chemicals, but I still figure it's better than soda. That's just me, though.
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I actually have a bottle of MiO right here. I do like the fruit punch!

For those interested, here are the ingredients: water, malic acid, propylene glycol, citric acid, contains less than 2% of natural flavor, sucralose and acesulfame potassium, potassium citrate, red 40, potassium sorbate
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options

Worst. Advice. Evar.

Most doctors say that as long as you are getting fluid, it counts (milk, juice, coffee, tea, etc.). I personally think soda is not the best idea because it has so much sodium in it. I'd rather have my sodium on my food! I'd also rather EAT my calories, not drink them! I use a lot of decaffeinated herbal tea; they have lots of unique flavors. I'm using a red vanilla tea today. It's good hot or cold.

Edited to add: I'm using Rooibos tea, and it has been shown to have good antioxidants and such.
  • armymil
    armymil Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Smart water has electrolytes in it. That helps post work out or just in general to replace the electrolytes losts through sweat during the day.
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options

Worst. Advice. Evar.

Because coffee is a diuretic, it dehydrates. Soda is too, because of carbonation and sodium. Plus soda and fruit juice are generally too sugary to really be that healthy (in large quantities). Someone who drinks 8 cups of soda, fruit juice or coffee a day will not be adequately hydrated as a person who drinks 8 cups of water.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

Worst. Advice. Evar.

No it's not. There's no reason to drink just plain water, as opposed to anything else you can drink, other than a caloric reason. Tea, coffee, soda, juice, beer, wine, all hydrate you just like water does. You actually get more water from the food you eat than you drink. What exactly is bad about the advice?
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

Worst. Advice. Evar.

Actually HM's advice is fine although I wouldn't advise drinking coke's and stuff.

The reason why I always say to drink plenty of water is because if I just said fluids, then people would end up drinking their calories away and possibly going over their intake.

It's fine as long as you are getting PLENTY of fluids throughout the day so you release water retention.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

Worst. Advice. Evar.

Because coffee is a diuretic, it dehydrates. Soda is too, because of carbonation and sodium. Plus soda and fruit juice are generally too sugary to really be that healthy (in large quantities). Someone who drinks 8 cups of soda, fruit juice or coffee a day will not be adequately hydrated as a person who drinks 8 cups of water.

False. In order for caffeine (the supposed ingredient that makes coffee dehydrate) to have an effect on hydration you'd need to drink the equivalent of 10 cups worth in a single serving. Coffee has about 100 mg of caffeine in it, in order to have any appreciable diuretic effect, you'd need to consume more than 1,000 mg's at a time, and the amount of water in coffee more than offsets that. There hasn't been a single study that can prove that regular coffee and soda consumption has any kind of dehydrating effect on people.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options

Worst. Advice. Evar.

Not according to the Mayo Clinic:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283