51 lbs

Options
My husband made me cry two Saturdays ago, when he told me to pick up a dumb bell that he sat in the kitchen. I knew by looking at it that it was way more weight than I was going to be able to pick up, so I said I can't pick that up. He said yes you can--pick it up. Again I said I can't. He said "you have been carrying that much weight around every day for years" Moral to my story, I could barely lift it off the floor, it weighed 51 lbs -- the amount of weight that I had lost to that day. Talk about a motivating moment !!!:smile:

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    very nice. now that I've lost more than my daughter weighs, I think about how I was carrying around that much extra weight every time I pick her up.
  • ninkdole
    ninkdole Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a great story and congrats to you on your success. It's great to have an encouraging partner cheering you on isn't it. Way to go.
  • song2sing
    song2sing Posts: 183
    Options
    Wow what a powerful story that touched my heart! It is a "big" deal when we lose weight! Congratulations on your success and how your husband made it a visual for you (and me)!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    He is a keeper! Nice to have a motivating partner. :drinker:
  • egillespie5
    Options
    Love your story! Keep going, you motivate me :)
  • ladygh
    ladygh Posts: 31
    Options
    What an inspiration! Great job on your weight loss! :smile:
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    That is awesome!!
  • tabitha2770
    tabitha2770 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Great story...Awesome Husband!
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    what a great story!
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    awww, that almost made me cry. And at work, too! :)
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Oh man, that choked me up. Kudos to you on the loss, and to him for driving such a great point home in an amazing way!!!
  • johnspaif
    Options
    Talk about putting it into perspective. Congrats!!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Awwww! That is really touching! That is such a good story! Keep up the good work :)
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, that's amazing! I never really think of it that way. I am going to lift a 20 lb weight at the gym tomorrow so I can see how much I've lost! :)
    You are doing a GREAT job!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Wow...that's amazing...I haven't thought about it like that either.....Not sure if I can lift a 50Ib weight.....so how did we manage to carry it on us for that long? Wow!!!!
  • wozzy38
    wozzy38 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Love that story!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!