The Employees At The Chart House Restaurant In Hilton Head,

Options
The employees at the Chart House Restaurant in Hilton Head, SC, tried to steal my cell phone-- and I caught them red handed.

Since we're all "Foodies" here and many people vacation in Hilton Head I thought I would try to spare some of you from the heartache of having personal items stolen by people who you would least expect.

I had written a review for TripAdvisor, last week, and since all reviews are checked before they're published I was shocked when it actually showed up on their site.

Unfortunately, it was pulled a few hours later (after complaints from the restaurant, I assumed). I was disappointed, but hoped that "corporate" had at least seen it and was made aware of what had transpired.

This morning I received an email from TripAdvisor telling me that 68 people had read my review in the past week.

Once again-- I was shocked!

Apparently they republished my review after further consideration!

If you wish to read my review so that you can properly safeguard yourself on future trips to Hilton Head please check it out here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g54273-d523125-Reviews-Chart_House-Hilton_Head_South_Carolina.html

-Chelle

Replies

• amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am glad the republished it. That would defeat the purpose of Tripadvisor if they censored you!! I use that website for every trip I take. I can't believe that happened to you. So sorry!
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I am glad the republished it. That would defeat the purpose of Tripadvisor if they censored you!! I use that website for every trip I take. I can't believe that happened to you. So sorry!

Thanks for the vote of support, Amy! I suspect that Landry's (the corporate parent) might have put some pressure on them to remove the post.

I'm glad they decided to change their minds, though!

-Chelle
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Glad that you and your S.O. had the good sense to call you're phone.....:glasses:
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I hope you contacted their corporate office as well!
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I hope you contacted their corporate office as well!

I called Landry's corporate headquarters. Once they routed me to the right "person" it was voicemail. I left a long, detailed message and no one ever called me back.

I guess they don't think the employees would ever steal from THEM! ;o)