Just a good email someone sent me.......

Options
kellch
kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
I got this email from a friend at work and thought it was good. So I thought I would share it with my MFPer's :flowerforyou:

Oh.........and its for the girls :smokin:

A Poem About Our Girlfriends

Someone will always be prettier.
Someone will always be smarter.
Some of their houses will be bigger.
Some will drive a better car.
Their children will do better in school.
And their husband will fix more things around the house.
So let it go, and love you and your circumstances
Think about it!
The prettiest woman in the world can have hell in her heart.
The most highly favored woman on your job may be unable to have children.
The richest woman you know, she's got the car, the house, the clothes~ might be lonely.
And the word says, 'If I have not Love, I am nothing.' So, again, love you.
Love who you are.
Look in the mirror in the morning and smile and say,
'I am too Blessed to be Stressed and too Anointed, to be Disappointed!'
'Winners make things happen~~ Losers let things happen.'
Be 'Blessed' Ladies and pass this on to encourage another woman.
'To the world you might be one person, to me you are special!

SEND THIS TO YOUR FAVORITE WOMEN ~ I JUST DID!

Replies

• kellch
    Options
    I got this email from a friend at work and thought it was good. So I thought I would share it with my MFPer's :flowerforyou:

Oh.........and its for the girls :smokin:

A Poem About Our Girlfriends

Someone will always be prettier.
    Someone will always be smarter.
    Some of their houses will be bigger.
    Some will drive a better car.
    Their children will do better in school.
    And their husband will fix more things around the house.
    So let it go, and love you and your circumstances
    Think about it!
    The prettiest woman in the world can have hell in her heart.
    The most highly favored woman on your job may be unable to have children.
    The richest woman you know, she's got the car, the house, the clothes~ might be lonely.
    And the word says, 'If I have not Love, I am nothing.' So, again, love you.
    Love who you are.
    Look in the mirror in the morning and smile and say,
    'I am too Blessed to be Stressed and too Anointed, to be Disappointed!'
    'Winners make things happen~~ Losers let things happen.'
    Be 'Blessed' Ladies and pass this on to encourage another woman.
    'To the world you might be one person, to me you are special!

SEND THIS TO YOUR FAVORITE WOMEN ~ I JUST DID!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Thats good
    Thanks
    :flowerforyou:
  • GlassKisses
    Options
    aww :heart:
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    This is a great poem. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: It is very you cause you are special.:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Aw Kelchy!:cry:
    :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • kellch
    Options
    This is a great poem. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: It is very you cause you are special.:flowerforyou: :heart:

awwwwwww....thx :smooched: :flowerforyou:

Time to go home :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • kellch
    Options

:smooched: Dont cry :frown: :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    Options
    aww :heart:

• kellch
    Options
    Thats good
    Thanks

Thanks......you're welcome :flowerforyou:

I just know there are a lot of people here who don't recognize their worth and they should:angry::laugh: :flowerforyou: :smooched:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    " Someone will always be prettier then you"

I remember the day I realized that. From that day forward I didn't compare myself to others.
    Well some days I do but for the most part I don't.

Nice poem..

-Adrienne:heart:
  • kellch
    Options
    Everyone has strengths and everyone has weaknesses. Be grateful for your strengths. Focus on the things you do love about yourself. :flowerforyou: everyone is fighting a different battle and has struggles. So try to be kind and don't judge. Don't envy. Instead be grateful for what you DO have and all of the blessings in YOUR life. Not wish for someone else's life. :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    Options
    That's just what I got from it.:bigsmile: Life is too short..... love yourself, be grateful, enjoy life, laugh, smile, and love.:heart:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I was 9 months preg with my 3rd child at barely 25 years old. I was big as a house when I ran into the girl who 'stole' my 1st boyfriend.

I thought Oh CRAP...I am fat! The kids have muss on their faces! Did my husband shave?

She approached and I was polite. She looked GREAT. Slim and muscled. Relaxed from getting 8 hrs of sleep each night. Skin glowing from the facials she was able to afford.

Then she told me how lucky I was to have such a lovely family. You see, she was recently divorced. She was married right out of school and they wanted children. When he found out she couldn't have kids, he left her.

I have NEVER envied another woman since that day.

• dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options

Done your good deed for the day, kellch?

:love: thanks for reminding me of all this... It's good to turn envy into compassion and also into feeling grateful, rather than :sick: (as in, with envy)

Once again, :love: for the sparkle of joy you bring here on a daily basis :wink:
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Then she told me how lucky I was to have such a lovely family. You see, she was recently divorced. She was married right out of school and they wanted children. When he found out she couldn't have kids, he left her.

Shivers down my spine. You are sooo right!
  • floresjessica
    floresjessica Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What a great reminder! I was just thinking about this on my walk... how I feel really good, but I need to remain realistic and realize that someone will always be skinnier, prettier, etc. You have to focus on the inside, or you will never be happy! Thanks for sharing!
  • kellch
    Options

I was 9 months preg with my 3rd child at barely 25 years old. I was big as a house when I ran into the girl who 'stole' my 1st boyfriend.

I thought Oh CRAP...I am fat! The kids have muss on their faces! Did my husband shave?

She approached and I was polite. She looked GREAT. Slim and muscled. Relaxed from getting 8 hrs of sleep each night. Skin glowing from the facials she was able to afford.

Wow! That is just crazy! :brokenheart: Poor Girl...and stupid men :angry: That's terrible.

Just goes to show....even the people we look at and think "they have it all" have problems too.:flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    Options

Done your good deed for the day, kellch?

:love: thanks for reminding me of all this... It's good to turn envy into compassion and also into feeling grateful, rather than :sick: (as in, with envy)

Once again, :love: for the sparkle of joy you bring here on a daily basis :wink:

Yes I did :blushing: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

• kellch
    Options
    What a great reminder! I was just thinking about this on my walk... how I feel really good, but I need to remain realistic and realize that someone will always be skinnier, prettier, etc. You have to focus on the inside, or you will never be happy! Thanks for sharing!

You're welcome :flowerforyou: I guess this came with good timing, huh? Crazy you were just thinking of it today.:smokin:

• arewethereyet
    Options

Wow! That is just crazy! :brokenheart: Poor Girl...and stupid men :angry: That's terrible.

Just goes to show....even the people we look at and think "they have it all" have problems too.:flowerforyou:

that is exactly what it taught me. I prayed for her each time I thought my life sucked. I heard she adopted a lil one!:flowerforyou: