Balance and Food Intake

Options
So, I've been back and tracking (yay) and trying to get into my exercise routine again. I've noticed that I'm a little (or more) off balance at times with my eating in the sense of the number of grams for carbs, fat, and protein. I haven't gone over on calories, and I try to eat my exercise calories so my body doesn't think it's starving itself, but lately I've noticed I have quite a few fat grams left over at the end of the day, and sometimes I'm over my protein, even as much as 20grams over.

Now, my doctor a few months ago said that in order for me to lose weight effectively and reduce medical risks, I should be eating a low fat, low choesterol diet. I'm obviously not asking for medical advice here, but I want to know if anyone sees a major problem with this balance lately that I've found myself in? I don't think I've been this skewed before but I am really trying to watch the fat intake in order to lose the weight. Any advice or thoughts?

Replies

• neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    So, I've been back and tracking (yay) and trying to get into my exercise routine again. I've noticed that I'm a little (or more) off balance at times with my eating in the sense of the number of grams for carbs, fat, and protein. I haven't gone over on calories, and I try to eat my exercise calories so my body doesn't think it's starving itself, but lately I've noticed I have quite a few fat grams left over at the end of the day, and sometimes I'm over my protein, even as much as 20grams over.

Now, my doctor a few months ago said that in order for me to lose weight effectively and reduce medical risks, I should be eating a low fat, low choesterol diet. I'm obviously not asking for medical advice here, but I want to know if anyone sees a major problem with this balance lately that I've found myself in? I don't think I've been this skewed before but I am really trying to watch the fat intake in order to lose the weight. Any advice or thoughts?
  • Starrotts
    Starrotts Posts: 164
    Options
    :flowerforyou: im doing the same as u and am losing weight so it works good luck..............see u in 16 pounds i hope..lol
  • nancy48
    nancy48 Posts: 18
    Options
    i always sem to be off balance too and was wondering the same thing. i dont really use a ton of carbs and go over on protein. is this a big deal? i don't know. anybody?
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    :noway: my problem is i am always over by atleast 5 on my fat i need to sit and figure out what i should not be eating...:explode:
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I'm ALWAYS way over in protein and under in carbs and fat. I try to make sure that I eat enough fat, though, to be healthy. I stopped eating fat free dairy (except for milk) and opt for regular cheese (a normal portion, of course) and reduced fat sour cream. I've lost a total of 60 lbs since I began eating this way (38 since I've joined here). Just make sure you are getting enough vitamins and minerals and aren't eating NO fat!
  • MsLadybug
    Options
    You can change your Carb-Protein-Fat ratios. I follow the Zone proportions so I changed mine to 40% Carbs, 30% Protein, 30% Fat. I don't usually have a problem with my balance.

With Fat, you want to be thinking good fats like Olive Oil, Flax Seed Oil, Avacado and Nuts and eating good fish like Salmon, Sardines and Mackrel rather than all dairy to make up your fat.
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I figure if I am staying within my calories, eating healthy protiens, fats, veggies, fruits, carbs etc., that is all I can ask of myself, if they aren't all balanced sometimes, it could be worse, I could have had a supersized day and eaten nothing but mcdonalds :) I am way ahead of how I used to eat, so I don't sweat the small stuff. No body is perfect,.:happy: