How many calories are you eating?

Options
124»

Replies

• amanda07425
    amanda07425 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey - I'm 5"4, weigh 120. I had a similar thing, started on 1200 cals, lost weight then had a looooooong plateau so I decided to do my calculation myself which you can see the results of here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/fromaquasar/view/going-geek-140951 (and actually in the following post I adjust slightly a week later.

This was about a month ago. First two weeks I just maintained, the next two weeks I have lost about a pound each week :)

thanks I'll look into this.. I tried 1400 for a little over a week and nothing change.. so maybe if I keep it up the scale might move? I'm going to look into your link though, thanks!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Hi there:)

I'm 5'8"
    140 pounds
    52 years old

MFP gave me 1470 calories a day. 5 days a week I'm on point with my calorie intake and when I exercise (which is 4 or 5 times a week) I eat back my calories. Weekends can be challenging but I try eat @ 1800 calories which would be my maintenance target goal. The result has been a solid 3 pound loss since joining which feels great:)) I only have a few pounds to loose so the 1470 calories is working out good for me.

This site is such a great tool and so user friendly....it really helps you to fine tune your fitness goals!!!!!
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", 36 y.o., 143lbs. I try to be around 1700-1800 plus eat back workout cals. It's been working fine for me.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9'', 169 lbs, and net about 1500-1700 calories. I walk about 30 minutes a day if I can and I eat those calories. It's worked great so far. I refuse to go to a 1200 calorie diet. I would die of starvation and I love to eat! :)
  • amanda07425
    Options
    I'm 5'9'', 169 lbs, and net about 1500-1700 calories. I walk about 30 minutes a day if I can and I eat those calories. It's worked great so far. I refuse to go to a 1200 calorie diet. I would die of starvation and I love to eat! :)

That's awesome.. I guess I just always think if I eat that much I won't lose.... but were about the same weight right now (I'm 164) and I havent lost for 2 months so I guess it can't hurt to up my calories.. and if I start to gain i can always decrease I guess.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Yeah I get paranoid constantly about gaining weight because I will go over my calorie amount all the time. I never eat over 2000 but sometimes "give in" to a cookie or hot chocolate. I still lose and I'm not sure why! I just bumped myself to 1/2 lb a week as it seems to be the recommended amount for BMI under 26. I might as well since I eat that much anyways!
  • amanda07425
    Options
    Trying for 2000 plus exercise calories. Was losing a half pound a week with that. The last month has been bad all around however.

wow thats crazy, i can't believe you can lose weight by eating that much lol
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4"
    I'm 123 pounds, 13% bf (there about, there's been a few months of lifting weights between the calipers and now).
    At maintenance, I net 1400 calories a day, and indulge a little more on the weekends. This means that 50% of the time I'm eating in excess of 2000 calories per day. I still have loss weeks, which means that I have to go over most of the following week to even things back out. I did most of my weght loss eating no less than 1200 calories and generally netting between 1000 - 1200 depending on exercise calories burned.
  • amanda07425
    Options
    So i upped my calories to 1550 because my BMR is around that so I'm hoping that like some of you said that'll get the scale moving again... CROSS YOUR FINGERS! :)