thinking....

Options
I am thinking about not watching my calories anymore and just exercise. I am getting to emotional and stressed out. I have had like 2 melt downs this week. I am always worried about eating this or eating that and if I do it that then I have to exercise to not consume to many calories. I want to lose weight but I dont think I am strong enough. I am going crazy and I just don't know what to do anymore. I am sorry I sound all crazy and nuts. It's just getting to me I guess. Thanks for all those who have supported me, you have all been great.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about not watching my calories anymore and just exercise. I am getting to emotional and stressed out. I have had like 2 melt downs this week. I am always worried about eating this or eating that and if I do it that then I have to exercise to not consume to many calories. I want to lose weight but I dont think I am strong enough. I am going crazy and I just don't know what to do anymore. I am sorry I sound all crazy and nuts. It's just getting to me I guess. Thanks for all those who have supported me, you have all been great.:flowerforyou:
  • Power
    Power Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    well if just eating healthier and exercising is what works for you, then so be it. not everyone who is fit counts their calories.

i am trying it for the first time in my life, but have been very fit before without doing so.

if you're like me and ate like a pig, really bad stuff in large quantities all the time, then simply making healthier choices and exercising will bring results.

just don't give up and start chowing down... i have never had a food that was worth the way i feel about myself now that I am fat... never!

hang in there, chin up, eat right and keep moving... you'll be ok!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    If it is causing you that much stress, perhaps you should take a week off, see if you've managed to stay on track or lose some weight & then re-evaluate the situation. There is no good in counting calories if it is making you that miserable. *hugs* I KNOW you can do this, you just have to believe in yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • Pubali
    Pubali Posts: 19
    Options
    First of all, MrsBuzz, don't give up. It's tough in the beginning to get into a routine. I have had to completely change how I do things in order to stay within my daily caloric limits. I'm 'allowed' 1508 a day. I track everything, and have to carry food/snacks with me so that I can control myself. I also have to plan and shop ahead. It stank in the beginning because I'm busy as hell and it adds another thing on my to do list. BUT - it is working. The weight is coming off, and it's coming off (slowly but it is coming off) because I'm working out in addition to maintaining my caloric limits.

The beauty of watching calories is that you can eat almost anything. The tough part is getting a list together of your OK foods and your not OK foods.

You are strong enough. You can do it. Don't forget about the reasons you started caring to begin with and let those memories guide you!

Keep writing like you did. There are plenty of folks like us in this community that will support, guide, and 'educate' you on things to consider.

Again, don't give up! You'll have success!!!
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    have you noticed as women we overthink everything, including trying to lose weight, what is the best way, what if I do this what if I do that. Don't let it get to you, we have all had our melt down moments when we thought we would go insane, you are normal, just like the rest of us. Relax and instead of worrying, try to replace the worry with, I am doing this the right way this time, slow and steady and healthy, I may only lose one pound this week, but it will be gone forever never to be seen again. Do some reading on healthy eating in general to get you informed, don't look at it as a diet where if you do something wrong, you are completely screwed. This is your life, you are turning it around for you, one day at a time, not a week at a time, one day. If you didn't do well today, tomorrow is another day, and you will do better, every day gets a little easier once you know more about what you are eating what is good for you and how many calories apprx it has without looking it up.

Nothing happens overnight for any of us. Keep up the hard work, you are strong enough, we all are.
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I don't keep a firm number on my calories and log everything I eat. I kind of loosely count my calories because I find i way under-eat when counting. I go by the theory that it's better to eat healthy and exercise. I find that writing everything down & learning calories is a great way to start, but it's not realistic thinking that you are going to do that for the rest of your life.

Best of luck!
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    Thanks a lot, you all are so great. I am thinking it just my AF talking this week, but we will see. I just have been obsessing and its driving me mad. I still want to eat better, but lately I have been frustrated because I don't know what to eat that is low cal and everything that I see in recipes have the stuff in them I don't like. I am very picky, so nothing I fix is that tasty and fills me up. So this week I have just want to eat and be full.

Thanks so much for all your sweet words and advice. I love ya all!!:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Hey Hon:flowerforyou: :happy: My thoughts on this is YOU CAN lose weight. When we start out sometimes the very best way to succeed and not lose our minds is baby steps. So if you chose to not watch the cals and instead begin with excercise, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with that. You get to chose:bigsmile:

Many members begin with working out, some begin changing up their foods first then as they get better control and don't feel they are obsessing as much, then they toss in the excercise.

I begin making food changes, then began excercise. I'm with you Girl on this one!! I would have driven myself nuts as well.

You're not nuts, it simply feels overwhelming, I do soooo understand. Do what is right for YOUR mind and body, no matter what anyone else is saying or doing around you.

That my Friend will be success for you:drinker: But toss in the water for sure when excercising:wink: ! :laugh: Even if you start out on the low end of water if it's something you struggle with, it will help and is a MUST for working out!

So glad you posted, please feel free to PM me anytime!!

Cheering you on:drinker: :bigsmile:
    FC:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    have you noticed as women we overthink everything, including trying to lose weight, what is the best way, what if I do this what if I do that. Don't let it get to you, we have all had our melt down moments when we thought we would go insane, you are normal, just like the rest of us. Relax and instead of worrying, try to replace the worry with, I am doing this the right way this time, slow and steady and healthy, I may only lose one pound this week, but it will be gone forever never to be seen again. Do some reading on healthy eating in general to get you informed, don't look at it as a diet where if you do something wrong, you are completely screwed. This is your life, you are turning it around for you, one day at a time, not a week at a time, one day. If you didn't do well today, tomorrow is another day, and you will do better, every day gets a little easier once you know more about what you are eating what is good for you and how many calories apprx it has without looking it up.

Nothing happens overnight for any of us. Keep up the hard work, you are strong enough, we all are.
    What a beautiful, kind and loving post you shared not only with Buzz but for all us Women here on MFP! I thank you for that:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

What a beautiful heart you have:wink::heart:

FC:heart:
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    Do you think the reason I am going to emotional this week and wanting to quit is because of AF???
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Do you think the reason I am going to emotional this week and wanting to quit is because of AF???

:blushing: I don't know what AF is?
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    aunt flow which a nice way of being on a period
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    aunt flow which a nice way of being on a period

Oh oh oh I knew that lol...most of the time I called it TOM (time of month)...I gotcha now...for a minute there I thought you were joining the Air Force lol...wow I feel like an idiot lol...yeah that time of month can make you feel completely different from normal...so maybe wait until that's over and then reevaluate your body's needs and what is best for you.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

YES!! Believe me I get the same way. I tend towards OCD myself and sometimes just have to take a break from counting everything that I put into my mouth. :blushing: Sometimes taking a break is what you need. I did it over Christmas. I didn't stuff myself or binge, but I just didn't track every bite that I ate. I didn't gain any weight, but once New Year hit I was ready to track again.

And yes, it's always worse before AF visits. :grumble:

Hugs,
    Jess
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    While there's nothing wrong with working out and not watching calories, it's important to keep in mind that the deficit, NOT the exercise, causes fat loss. In fact, exercise does nothing for fat loss--it is preventative, not curative. If you burn 2000 calories a day, but eat 2500 calories a day, the fact that you exercise won't negate the fact that you're in a caloric excess, and you'll still gain.

That said, if this is causing an extreme amount of stress, it is probably best that you wait until you are more comfortable with yourself and food before you continue. Food is just energy, and shouldn't be feared or revered for anything other than that.
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    I think I am starting to get my emotions under control. I am not giving up. I want this more then anything and I am going to do it. I thought I would have gained a lot, but I only gained .4 this morning. I the days I did eat kind of crazy at night I was still within my calories, but over sodium and others. I worked out a lot so I hope thats why. I know I am building muscle so maybe thats why I haven't lost, but I in this to win my life back. thanks for all your encouraging words. I just had a freak out moment. I am back:flowerforyou:
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    some days when i just didn't have the will power to go without, I looked up how many maintenance calories I needed to maintain my weight at what it was, and if I didn't exceed those, I would think to myself, well, I didn't lose today, but I didn't gain and I gave myself a break from the stress of having to lose every day. It helped me.