what's your ideal?

Options

Replies

• sheaz85
    sheaz85 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My ideal is a 6. But let me say...i'm a 12 now and I don't look like that 12!! Here's to everyone's ideals :)
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Mine's a 6. That's where I'm happy at.
  • kcmartian
    Options
    i don't have an ideal dress size in mind, just a healthy weight.

also, just because the national average is 14 doesn't mean it's acceptable and/or should be commended. this is a little off-topic but that image just got me thinking is all. "average" is just that...average of everyone's size in America. it doesn't imply that it's right, healthy, normal, or ideal.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    The middle one, but for me to look like that I would have to be less than a size 12 as I am only 5' 2.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    That photos is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY WRONG! That "size 16" girl is more of a size 8 and the size 4-8 girl is a size 2.

That being said, I'd like to be a size 4. I currently wear a size 6-8, my size 5 suits are snug, I'm 5'8 138 lbs.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    no, I'm a size 16 and I look like that...
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and would have to say that my ideal is somewhere in the 10 to 12 range. I have a rather sturdy build with broad shoulders and will only look gaunt if I get too slim.
  • Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    a 12 with a slightly bigger tush hahahaha
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    It mostly depends on the Manufacturer and how tight you like your clothes to fit. I wear a size 6 in jeans and jeggings. I wear them tight and they feel and look great. But in regular pants and shorts -- I still wear a 8 or sometimes even a 10.

I am at the low end of my healthy maintenance range now and am trying to gain back a few pounds. In tops (from the Gap and other moderately priced manufacturers), I still wear a Medium or sometimes a large. I don't care for them "bulging" around the bust. Just the way I like to wear them.

Dresses a 6 or 8 -- depends, again, on the cut.

I am 5' 8 1/2", medium frame (used to think I was large frame), and weigh 133.2. Trying to get back to 135-136 as I see too many bones around my collar and no fat on my face. Don't want a scrawny look. We are all built so different.
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    At 5'1 I'd love to be a size 5. Currently I'm a 9.
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    size 8-10
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I would enjoy all three of them, at once if possible. :tongue:

I was waiting for that one :laugh:

I don't have a particular size/weight I'm really going for. When I feel good in my own skin & the clothes fit me the way I want them too, then I'll be there. :smile:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    right now i'm between the size 16 picture and the 12 picture.. i'm 5'9 and a size 12 would look very close to the sz 12 pic.
  • My ideal is in between a 2-4 pant size for my height. I am 5'4 and pretty petite so that is the pant size that I was for many years until I gained weight.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Pictures do not seem to match the numbers.....just sayin.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options

Unless they're very tall!
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options

....like giants lol
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Are those UK sizes??? No way they are US sizes....Looks more like a size 12 on the right, 6/8 in the middle and 0/2 on the end.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options

....like giants lol

I wish I'd look that good in a size 12. Probably some photoshopping involved too!
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    My ideal is 7-8

Currently 14