First time dieter and also a new mom!

Options
Hello. My name is Eva and I am in the southwest corner of Virginia in the boonies. I have three wonderful children ages 14, 12, 10 and FIVE MONTHS OLD! Yes, I got a wonderful surprise this past July.

Anywho ... I am 36 years young and have never had to diet til now. I began to put on weight the past couple of years and now that I've had my little one, I'm weighing in at 187. YUCK! I am not heavy anywhere except for my mid section. The rest of my body is fine. I would like to get down to 135 or 140. Anyone who is interested in the buddy system would be welcomed. I would LOVE a buddy! I am SO ignorant since I've never had to drop weight before or diet ever.

I am anxious to get started and to get my butt slimmed down. I am not sure exactly how this website works so any help would be appreciated. Cheers to slimmer waistlines and healthy lifestyles in 2009.

Eva

Replies

• evajessee
    Options
    Hello. My name is Eva and I am in the southwest corner of Virginia in the boonies. I have three wonderful children ages 14, 12, 10 and FIVE MONTHS OLD! Yes, I got a wonderful surprise this past July.

Anywho ... I am 36 years young and have never had to diet til now. I began to put on weight the past couple of years and now that I've had my little one, I'm weighing in at 187. YUCK! I am not heavy anywhere except for my mid section. The rest of my body is fine. I would like to get down to 135 or 140. Anyone who is interested in the buddy system would be welcomed. I would LOVE a buddy! I am SO ignorant since I've never had to drop weight before or diet ever.

I am anxious to get started and to get my butt slimmed down. I am not sure exactly how this website works so any help would be appreciated. Cheers to slimmer waistlines and healthy lifestyles in 2009.

Eva
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Welcome Eva..great to have you join us here! Lots of motivation, inspiration and awesome tools on this site!:flowerforyou:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site is really awesome and there are some great tools on here to help you on your weight loss journey!!! Good luck to you. Check into the newbie posts and if you have any other questions then post them on here.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: This site is very easy to use. Just log all the food that you eat. That helps you to pay close attention to the nutrition labels and control portions. Also log in any exercise you do. That will increase the amount of calories you are allowed to eat. If you have any questions simply ask away!!! :laugh: Somebody will get back with you...if no one does don't get offended, ask again... Good luck!!! :flowerforyou:
  • denyann
    denyann Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi, my little one is 4 months old so I'm trying to lose baby weight myself. The only exercise I am getting in is walking every day because it calms her down and gets her to take a nap :laugh: I just joined the site about 2 weeks ago seriously, and its bringing on results! I'll do the buddy system if you want a partner. I'll need motivation when exhaustion kicks in from the baby. Good luck!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hi Eva!

Welcome to you!! And good luck!

:flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best wishes for your health and fitness goals!
  • evajessee
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the welcomes! I am SO excited to be here and meet so many great people who have the same goals in mind. Buddies are so welcome! I can use all the motivation I can get since I'm so ignorant when it comes to dieting and knowing what to eat and what's healthy. Good luck to all of you too!
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Welcome!:flowerforyou: