New here...

Options
I am a 47 yr old mom of three grown kids. I have struggled with weight my whole life and 25 lbs imparticular...seems I can no longer lose weight. I started bootcamp the beginning of Sept and although I feel good, no weight has come off. I have lost inches on my hips but gained in my waist. It is discouraging because I am tracking and measuring my food, do bootcamp 3 times a week, treadmill 5 mornings a week at a 6-8 incline and 3.5 - 4 speed. I sweat. I also do pilates one evening a week. Well...it has only been a month, so maybe one of these days something magic will happen. I am 167.lbs and 5 :ft 7 inches. I have no issues telling my weight. If I say I weigh 130...it won't make me look any thinnner :c)
As of a few days ago, I am drinking protein shakes as a friend told me I am not taking in enough calories. If I eat more than 1200 calories I will gain.
Anyone have any tips ???

Thanks and best wishes to all:c)

Replies

• briannaghall
    Options
    Just stick to it hon,
    I know the first month is SUPER frustrating but you WILL see results. Its the same for preseason for my cheer team, at first it feels like all those push ups and laps and sit ups aren't doing anything but then you wake up one morning with A ****IN 6 PACK! Its all about health and it looks like you're doing everything right, except maybe talk to a doctor about your calorie consumption. I'm eating 1200 and I'm 5'5ish. To gain muscle you need calories! Healthy calories of course, make sure you're paying attention to what you're eating as much as how much exercise you're getting! That's the hardest part for me. But we can do this together! Friend request me && we can support each other :smile: