Kindle Touch 3G vs Kindle Fire

Options
SeasideOasis
SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Fire-Color/dp/B0051VVOB2/ref=amb_link_357575562_7?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=gateway-center-column&pf_rd_r=0FD9MCYX8X16815X41VZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1321696462&pf_rd_i=507846

Ok, so I am going to bite the bullet here and buy a Kindle as an early Christmas present to myself. I LOVE books (the physical ones), so this is hard.

THey are coming out with several different new ones (for the holidays) and I don't know which I should buy.

The Kindle Touch 3G has GREAT battery life and free 3G and WiFi, but its books, newspapers, games, docs etc.
The Kindle Fire has only 8 hours of reading time, only uses WiFi, but can do all the above things plus you can watch tv, movies, browse the internet, documents, etc.

In your opinions, does the 3G really matter? Everywhere in the world pretty much has WiFi at this point.

If you were me, would you forgo amount of reading time for more stuff or visa versa? Money isn't an options (only a 50 dollar difference).

MFPers, I will definitely be using this to read at the gym (as it is early to read fro than hoping one of my books down) as well.

Replies

• steinbergshal
    Options
    I had this debate too, and ended up going with the 3G. It is true that there is a lot of free wifi out there, but with the 3G I can use the built in "expiremental" web browser even when I can't get a good wifi signal, and when I am on the bus, train etc. That said being able to watch videos etc. can be nice, but I have a laptop for that if I really want it. As something that replaces books, I really enjoy the Kindle 3G. Good luck deciding.