Anyone got any clues?

Options
One thing I can't grasp is everyday I seem to be under my calorie intake once I add my exercise, but I have EATEN LOADS!!! and still not lost any weight, hmmmm ???? Anyone know why or what I might be doing wrong? x

Replies

• TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    try eating your exercise calories if not eating them isn't working.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    also, everyone is going to ask you to open your journal if you want help :)
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Make your diary public please, then we can make sure you're entering things correctly and/or offer tips. Thanks!
  • cvb130
    cvb130 Posts: 2
    Options
    I had could not lose any weight and felt tired, no mater what I did. I got my thyroid checked and found it was not working correctly. Now on the proper medication I feel great and am losing weight. I hope this helps.
  • JuzMaintain
    Options
    Not sure you're doing anything wrong but you can try this approach if you like:

10 calories per pound of desired body weight.

That's the formula that works for me. It's based on round numbers and is easy to remember. If you want to be 130 lbs., then only eat 1,300 or fewer calories a day and eventually you will weigh 130 lbs. 140 lbs. = 1,400 a day and so on. This is also dependent upon what your basal metabolic rate is. Mine is on the decline the more weight I lose but generally speaking, it's 2,500 calories a day just to keep me alive so if I deprive my body of the other 500 by only eating 2,000 a day, my body will eat itself at the rate of about 1-1.5 lbs. a week. These numbers go down the more weight you lose so be ready to eat less and less as time goes on.

I would also suggest you don't count your exercise. Just eat C = DW x 10, where C is calories per day based on DW (desired weight) x 10. Exercise on top of that without counting it and you'll lose weight in no time flat.

...and drink PLENTY of water. The whole thing falls apart without water. CRUCIAL!

Hope this helps...
    S.
  • pinkrose75
    Options
    Had my thyroid checked, came back clear, even my nurse and my friend who has studied sports science says there's no reason why I shouldn't be losing weight, it's a mystery to say I lost stone on my owm some years ago and now I can't even lose 10lbs lol x
  • fatguyweightloss
    Options
    I never count my exercise calories included into what I eat. Seems to go down the wrong path of I better eat a little extra because I am working out tonight given I normally would over compensate and basically be better off not working out :)

Also have to be careful many times numbers that come up in calculations and on machines show calories burned including your basal metabolic rate and not just what you have burned in addition. So at my weight if I walk for an hour I will burn 210 calories...but if sit around and do nothing I will burn 100 calories. So any extra I consume over 110 calories for weight loss will be for nil (well not really have the fitness and cardiovascular benefits)
  • pinkrose75
    Options
    Thanks Juz, this programme says I should be on 1300 a day to lose the 10lbs I want to lose. I do try and drink more water but cannot bear plain water (ewwww) so I have the sugar free flavoured stuff, but again, I have to limit that as I has a weak bladder and in my job I can't just pop off to the ladies. Going to give myself another few weeks now I have me new exercise bike and see what happens :/ x
  • pinkrose75
    Options
    I have made my diary public if anyone wants to take a look, tips and advice will be greatly appreciated :smile: x
  • everydaypam
    everydaypam Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    One thing I notice is that especially this weekend you have been missing meals. Try to get in all of your meals because it helps your body keep going throughout the day. I have also been told that one should try to keep calorie intake from day to day fairly consistent within 100-200 calories. This has really helped me, though admittedly I'm still working on mastering that skill.

Finally, I wouldn't eat back your calories from exercise unless it is a very rigorous workout. You should be able to sustain a normal workout a few times a week on your normal calorie intake. If you find that on workout days you are really hungry try rearranging when and what you eat to accomodate or add in just a small amount like an extra 100 calories. Make those calories count with veggies or lean meats that your body will need to refuel itself.
  • pinkrose75
    Options
    Thank you, just looked back at my diary, the reason I didn't fill out Saturday dinner was because I had a bit of a naughty evening and went to a party and had buffett food, more than I should of no doubt. But that obviously isn't the way I eat every weekend, just once in a blue moon x