Meizitang? Plz no lectures just info

Options
anyone heard of meizitang? My friends are taking it and its helping them lose weight. Im all for natural, diet and exercise which is what im doing right now. But i hear it just cuts the cravings which i totally need. Not looking for easy way out cause i put my work in. I just cant say NO to candy!!!! My downfall, no such thing as moderation when it comes to sweets, thought maybe it could help and kick start my weight loss again....

Replies

• getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    That was my downfall too! ButI have never heard of that before. Sorry.
  • swelch421
    Options
    I have never heard of that, but I am curious to find out about it! I know what you mean! Not looking for a short cut, just need a jump start every now and then to get the weight to moving again. I hit a plateau despite all my dieting and exercise (45 minutes to and hour 5 days a week and weight training on one day!) Got very discouraged. I do occasionally take Oxy-Elite from GNC, it helps curb my appetite but keeps me awake!! Good luck!
  • skinnygirl49
    Options
    I have never of it before either. But beleive me, if something like this, would help me to control my cravings of sweets, I'd go for it!!!! That has always been my problem.
  • JennBrown83
    JennBrown83 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I had to google meizitang and honestly the website worries me. There are so many spelling and grammatical errors that I honestly wouldn't feel safe using the product.

"Three Characteristics:
    1. Speed up the fat consumption: the ingredient named leptin quick alkali enhance the ATP circulation to boost the fat breaking up rate.
    2. Stop the body absorbing fat: by the intake of 5HT, people will feel full, and it won't affect the normal intake of daily essential nutrients. On the premises of meet the physical needs, to reduce fat absorption, thereby decrease the fat accumulation.
    3. Accelerate the fat breaking up: it contains the actives of lipolysis enzyme, to discompose the fat of belly, stomach and hip, reduce the wait size."

That's just one portion of the site and honestly it causes concern, there are so many confusing terms and the way the words are arranged that I just wouldn't want to use that product.

Leptin is a hormone naturally created in the body. if you're introducing more of it to your body I'm not that would be a good thing, also I tried googling the so-called "ingreident" "Leptin quick alkali" and found NOTHING except links to this product...which again worries me.

Honestly, though, if you have issues with candy to where you "just can't say NO" then my biggest suggestion would don't put yourself in a situation where you face that temptation. I am completely, totally addicted to Pespi and Dr. Pepper, I had to get it out of my house and tell my fiance in no uncertain terms that he can't bring it in the house. if he wants it, then he can have it while he's at work but I have no self-control when it comes in the house and will end up drinking the equivilant of SIX CANS of pop a day if he does. So if it's really that bad where you think it's sabotaging your weight loss, don't have it around. Sorry if this sounds too much like a lecture, or even looks like one but I couldn't think of a better way of expressing myself... but I do hope it helps.
  • JennBrown83
    JennBrown83 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    sorry was just looking around and found TWO identical sites with identical informat just different names:

http://www.meizitangbotanicalslimsoftgel.com/product.html

AND

http://www.fruitplantreduceweight.org/about_us

same header, same information same EVERTHING except one is using "meizitang botanical slimming soft gel" and the other is calling itself the "fruit plant recude weight"

not sure this isn't some kind of scam..sorry guys!
  • jcdfish
    jcdfish Posts: 31
    Options
    Here's a link that warns of an ingredient in this one you mentioned:

http://optimalbodyweight.com/blog/warnings/fda-warns-weight-loss-pills

One ingredient they are warning about is Sibutramine. The side effects can be: Inappropriate use of sibutramine can cause high blood pressure, seizures, tachycardia (rapid heartbeat), palpitations, heart attack and stroke.

They said it should be used by prescription only. So, if you want to try this one, you might consider discussing it with your doctor first, just to be sure.

When you go to that link, as you scroll down, Meizitang is number 33 on the list.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do. Just passing along information, as you requested.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I just cant say NO to candy!!!!

This isn't an appetite issue caused from hunger, this is a self discipline issue.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I had to google meizitang and honestly the website worries me. There are so many spelling and grammatical errors that I honestly wouldn't feel safe using the product.

I honestly wouldn't put anything in my body from a company that:
    1) can't be bothered to run a spell check their published information
    2) can't be bothered to have their published information proof read
    3) can't confirm the ingredients as being real instead of made up in their own personal land of make believe and fraud.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options

I honestly wouldn't put anything in my body from a company that:
    1) can't be bothered to run a spell check their published information
    2) can't be bothered to have their published information proof read
    3) can't confirm the ingredients as being real instead of made up in their own personal land of make believe and fraud.
    when i read the ingredients on diet pill labels, i always find myself saying....wtf is that?
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    sounds a lot like diet pills called phentermine that you have to have a prescription for. Those cut your appetite and cravings.
  • Leopardliz
    Leopardliz Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thanks guy, you are right. Probably not a good idea. I get cravings like crazy and it is a discipline thing but i need to be able to not want it to even start to work on it. I am tired of my sweet tooth and i it was that easy i probably wouldnt even be fat in the first place. Its just so frustrating!! I cant not be around candy since i work inside a grocery store. :/
  • anniecnuci
    anniecnuci Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i heard that they are no longer making real ones, pople are selling fake ones only. the fake ones can really make you sick, but i did try them when the real ones were on the market and they really worked. i went online and never saw anything negative about them. sure the ingredients aren't known but i was desperate. a ouple of months ago i searched mfp's message board and read your post. i also bumped into a pill named fruta planta on mfp and alot of people are happy with that and that concerns me becouse on my search for info. on meizitang i found alot of info. on fruta planta and it was bad.

"Heart attack, dry mouth, insomnia and dangerous drug interaction that include a risk of death. http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/ResourcesForYou… Source(s): An Internet search on 'fruta planta side effects'."

this is one of the thing i found on fruta planta. so anyway i think that if you want to curb your cravings try sugarfree gum and green apple.
  • kt2134
    kt2134 Posts: 45
    Options
    I tried Meizitang before, without ever googling or doing any research. A friend of mine, and all her friends and all their friends etc etc. were taking ,Meizitang and had all seen results and I was desperate and tried some too.

As far as curbing your appetite Meizitang definitely did that for me- almost to the point that I wasn't eating. I wouldn't be hungry at all during the day and sometimes it would be like 5pm and I'd realize that I hadn't eaten all day and rush to the kitchen to grab food. Once or twice I remember getting headaches and I remember my hands shaking because I hadn't eaten all day. The two times that happened to me, I'd just eat something and then lay down for maybe a half an hour and I'd wake up feeling fine. I would advise you to make sure you eat 3 meals a day, I was never trying to starve myself but the pills just made it so that I was NEVER hungry which is how I'd end up going without food.

Another thing is, I get REALLY REALLY REALLY thirsty taking those pills so have water on hand 24/7, other people agree. I took my Meizitang for 2 months and didn't weigh myself so I am not sure if I lost weight or how much I lost. I had gotten Meizitang for my mom and she had taken maybe 2 or 3 pills (not at once) and noticed they made her heart race so she stopped taking them. I never noticed any heart racing but when I explained to my friend that my mom said they made her heart race she had explained to me that her twin sister had the same experience so I guess it just depends on the person.

Hope that was helpful. :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I just cant say NO to candy!!!!
    [/quote]

Yes, you sure can. Say it with me, "No." Now do that with your favorite candy bar sitting in front of you and then toss it in the trash.

Part of this journey is learning what is a need and what is a want. Eating junk is a want, not a need.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I know it is hard to just say "NO", but after while of not eating High-glycemic sugars and sweeteners it will get easier.

That being said, I say if you try it and it works for you (you can still exercise and get all your nutrition in) then go for it; at least till you ween the High-glycemic sugars and sweeteners out of your system. During that time try to read up and learn about sugar spikes, Glycemic index and foods that are sweet but don't cause Sugar spikes like agave nectar.

If you are having a hard time staying away from candy then your body is used to the sugar spikes and craves them (it thinks it is its norm, and the body wants what it sees as normal and stable) I have never heard of this supplement, but I can't imagine it doing much destruction if used appropriately.