your name

Options

Replies

• lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Um... Not sure get mixed reactions... My name is Esther Laura... I have always been called Laura. If I tell anyone from the US my name is really Esther they break out with a nice Sanford &son "Esther I'm comin' for ya" impression.
  • Stacera
    Stacera Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I like my name but have had the nickname of Stacers since I was a kid... it's stuck and I like it.. also get called Stizzle and Girlypie by a few friends for several years now. And if anyone wants to start calling me Princess Anabelle of Chiquita Banana, I won't mind that either. :wink:
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Love it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah! I have the same name as the greatest QB of all time! (hint- he played for the 9ers in the 80's)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I love my name, even though it's Welsh and almost no one pronounces it correctly.

Me too. My name's Welsh and everything. :)
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I like mine. It's pretty uncommon here (in Germany) which I like. Many people pronounce it wrong though (they pronounce it like it would be pronounced in English when it's just pronounced exactly like it is spelled in German. (Though I personally also pronounce my name the English way when I speak to someone in English.)
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I like my name, Audra, because it's not common. It cracks me up that my parents named me after a tv show charactor..Audra Barkley from The Big Valley. My nickname at work has been Audrey for the last couple years because so many people get my name wrong. haha!
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    My name's Catherine. It's ok, I grew used to it! ;) Never let anyone call me Kate (or Cathy, the French nickname for Catherine).
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I like my name alright. My parents didn't know this when they named me but both my first and last name are alcoholic beverages. Yep... didn't know that till high school. It made college really interesting.
  • JIsh09
    JIsh09 Posts: 158
    Options
    Jessica! Pretty common,but I like it. I get called Jess for short that's it.:smile:
  • timothyjkiser
    timothyjkiser Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    People call me TK

My all time favorites are Timmer and Kiz
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Mike....um... nope...what you couldnt come up with anything more original than that? My dads name was skip....like that name.
  • everydaypam
    everydaypam Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If I was 20 years older I might like my name. I have never met anyone else named Pam who wasn't at least that much older than me. As a kid I always told my mom that as soon as I turned 18 I was going to change it but by then I just got used to it and now I guess I am stuck :)
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I love my name and my nickname! Wendy and Windy!
  • jenscot25
    jenscot25 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Don't care for my first name since there are so many Jennifer's. I do like my married last name and told my husband if this doesn't work out, I'm keeping the name!!:wink:
  • galaxyshark
    Options
    I am not totally sold on my name, but seeing as how it is Steve Martin, everyone else seems to think it is the coolest name, since, well, The Jerk. It gets old, but is always funny to see somebody I haven't met before's reaction.
  • PecanTanDiva
    Options
    My name is Romanian and no one can pronounce OR spell it. Story of my life.

Same here!!

LMAO, My name is Lynette, but pronounced Lyn-nae....I blame my Domincan Mother for this. Although I love the way its pronounced, I always get called Lynette. I probably will have the spelling changed whenever I get a chance.
  • jenscot25
    jenscot25 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I hate my given names. I was named after both grandfathers. One of which is a Danish translation. I just short formed it and now it's tollerable.

I even had someone once say to me, "wow, the only name worse than that is ________" which happens to be my middle name. :embarassed: I wasn't impressed.

Oh that's soooo funny!!! Sorry but I actually lol'd at that!! :flowerforyou:
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    And I won't tell you my name because you could probably find me extremely easily since it's so unique lol. Except if you live in Romania.... lol
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Not massively keen on mine. Adrian. Quite unusual in my time. I still know only a handful of other Adrians.

Some people (parents) call me Ady. One person calls me Ade. Many of my older friends call me Goron.

The definition of my name on urbandictionary.com makes me blush.