RIP Ronald McDonald

2»

Replies

• martini83
    martini83 Posts: 113 Member
    I done the exact same thing just an hour ago, feel so bad and guilty for doing and seeing how many calories it uses OMG, super long walk tonight, im thankful i have already done shred this morning! makes me feel a little less bad for eating macca's
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    I don't completely agree with your statement, but I do agree that one piece of the puzzle doesn't complete the picture...I would say that nutrition is one of the most important pieces though. And I hope you'd agree that you are "not getting in essentials" when you eat at McDonalds.
    The daily essentials you need are protein, fats, vitamins, minerals and water. Carbs are not essentials, but it's harder to function without them. You can get some of the essentials from a burger, apple dippers, and salad in a meal, but the ratios would probably be not enough.
    If you ate 2 good meals a day and one Mcdonald's meal, losing weight would still be attainable. When it comes to losing weight, you can do it eating Twinkies and chips everyday (as long as you also get in some protein somewhere). But you need certain essentials to keep the body working correctly.
    My rule (which is usually a consensus) is 80% of the time eat good and get in essentials, 20% eat what ever you want as long as you stay within calorie limits.

I think we are looking at this with two different goals in mind. Yes, you can lose weight eating Twinkies and chips (or McDonalds, which is almost the nutritional equivalent), but I'm not talking about losing weight specifically; I'm talking about being healthy.

It's always a person's option to follow your rule, be healthy 80% of the time, and still lose weight (I'm not here to judge). I guess I've just set a higher goal for myself; one that includes not only losing weight, but being healthy (more than 80% of the time). I know of a lot of thin people who have high blood pressure, cholesterol problems and are in what I would consider poor overall health (but are within their ideal body weight).

It's a decision every person needs to make for themselves I guess.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,903 Member
    I think we are looking at this with two different goals in mind. Yes, you can lose weight eating Twinkies and chips (or McDonalds, which is almost the nutritional equivalent), but I'm not talking about losing weight specifically; I'm talking about being healthy.

It's always a person's option to follow your rule, be healthy 80% of the time, and still lose weight (I'm not here to judge). I guess I've just set a higher goal for myself; one that includes not only losing weight, but being healthy (more than 80% of the time). I know of a lot of thin people who have high blood pressure, cholesterol problems and are in what I would consider poor overall health (but are within their ideal body weight).

It's a decision every person needs to make for themselves I guess.
    Well like I stated earlier "healthy" is more than just eating. You can have a perfect diet, perfect rest, perfect exercise, no stress, but genetics has you having bad cholesterol.
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Even as a kid I hated that clown.
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Well like I stated earlier "healthy" is more than just eating. You can have a perfect diet, perfect rest, perfect exercise, no stress, but genetics has you having bad cholesterol.

Right...or the 20% trips to McDonalds (that people often blame on "genetics").
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    He may be dead, but he'll still walk this earth.

14237_197288283416_510553416_3943831_6700073_n.jpg

14237_197288273416_510553416_3943829_5207790_n.jpg
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,903 Member

Right...or the 20% trips to McDonalds (that people often blame on "genetics").
    Obviously if high cholesterol is an issue, then eating foods with trans fat in them or very high saturated fats don't help with reducing or controlling it.
    Everyone is different and how their bodies react to food (since it's really nothing more that just chemicals bonded certain ways) will help to dictate what would be best to stay away from. If you're like me and get yearly physicals and really do watch your lipid profiles and cholesterol, you'll know what you can allow in your diet.
  • NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    He may be dead, but he'll still walk this earth.

14237_197288283416_510553416_3943831_6700073_n.jpg

14237_197288273416_510553416_3943829_5207790_n.jpg

OMG, I am so frightened right now!!! :noway: