Nike Training iphone app

Options
Has anyone used this app?
What are your thoughts?
Any success stories?
I have been using it for the past 3 weeks and I love it:heart::bigsmile: :bigsmile: , especially for strength training because I can work out in the comfort of my own home!

Replies

• TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    What are your thoughts?
    Any success stories?
    I have been using it for the past 3 weeks and I love it:heart::bigsmile: :bigsmile: , especially for strength training because I can work out in the comfort of my own home!

I downloaded it but haven't used it yet because I've been doing other things for a workout. Can I do it if I don't have weights or other equipment at home? Is it awkward to work out while looking at an iphone screen?
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    the nike + running app?

I was obsessed. Loved it. Actually got me to join my college's cross country team! There's a success story right there :D !

hahah my best 5k time before it was about 26:30, but with the new found motivation and training, I got it down to 22:09 :D !
  • MsCyone
    MsCyone Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Its an amazing app, it has voice cues so you don't have to look at the screen.
  • Triathlynne
    Options
    What are your thoughts?
    Any success stories?

Yes and I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus the fact it's free. I started using it again last week as I had been out of gym commision for the summer. Love the fact it has all the video instructions and that you can build your own workout depending on your wants/needs. It's fabulous.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    What is the name of the app? Or is it the Nike + Running one?
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I use it sometimes, can't believe it's free, it's awesome! Tough workouts that really get you moving at home, great variety of moves, would recommend it. Oh I love the unlockable 15 min ab workout blast :happy:
  • Triathlynne
    Options
    What are your thoughts?
    Any success stories?

I downloaded it but haven't used it yet because I've been doing other things for a workout. Can I do it if I don't have weights or other equipment at home? Is it awkward to work out while looking at an iphone screen?

You can do it at home, it's amazing what you can find that you can use at weights. Soup cans, milk jugs, flour packets, detergent...anything really. It's not awkward to watch at all. Everything is very simple and it also has instructional videos.
  • Triathlynne
    Options

Nike Training Club.
  • TooFatToFit
    Options

It's actually called Nike Training. It isn't the running one.
    I'm glad to hear of the voice cues.
    Does anyone know if I can do it without having weights and equipment at home? (I guess I should just do a trial run and answer my own questions, but my daughter is insisting I rake leaves up so she can jump in them. Must run. lol)
  • NianMaya
    NianMaya Posts: 108
    Options
    Thanks for mentioning this app! I just went to iTunes and downloaded the app for my phone. It looks good and has awesome reviews. I'll let you know more after I try it ou:) Thanks again.
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I was literally gonna post about this today.

It's a great app and free too - I use it to find new strength exercises to do in the gym to mix up my routine.

Loving russian twists and toe touches for the abs at the moment :)
  • TooFatToFit
    Options
    Okay, I've just looked at it more carefully and it looks great for days I can't get out to exercise. I don't usually do stuff like that though, what what it be logged as?
  • Triathlynne
    Options
    I did the ABS workout last night. WOAH!!!!!!!!!!! Feeling it this morning!
  • TooFatToFit
    Options
    I just did Fighter Fit and it was HARD. Like muscles burning, sweat dripping, lungs straining, HARD...at least for someone trying to undo 20 years of sedentary like I am. I think I will feel it tomorrow, too.

I ended up logging it under calisthenics (which I had to Google) because it seems to be the same type of thing...little or no equipment, using your own body weight to work the muscles.