NEED HELP FAST!!

Options
ive had 5 small meals and still only have 1065 calories,

now, I can drink an atkins advantage shake that has 160 cals in it but its 10pm at night here

should I drink it? or go to bed?
HURRRRRRRRRY!!

Replies

• Go_Duke
    Go_Duke Posts: 66
    Options
    ive had 5 small meals and still only have 1065 calories,

now, I can drink an atkins advantage shake that has 160 cals in it but its 10pm at night here

should I drink it? or go to bed?
    HURRRRRRRRRY!!
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    If your hungry and you are under your calorie count I say drink it. If not just go on to bed. It won't hurt you to be under calories for one day will it? :)
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Go to Bed now!!!!!:laugh: I hope you'll be there for me someday!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I'd say skip it, I feel bad when I eat or drink before bed :)
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I'd drink it...but it's really up to you...you're close enough to 1200 that you're probably not going to throw yourself into starvation mode...I just had a cookie and usually have a small snack at this time of night...as long as you're not having a full course meal this late, I wouldn't worry about it...and a lot of members here don't eat dinner until 9 or so anyway...so you should be okay to drink it...no expert here, just my opinion.
  • Go_Duke
    Options
    Go to Bed now!!!!!:laugh: I hope you'll be there for me someday!

LoL hotmom

alright I'm putting back in the fridge

but do i have to worry about starvation mode?
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    I have late dinners anyway 8 or 9 PM I cannot sleep if I am even a little hungry. Eating before bed wont effect your weight so really its only if if it effects your sleep or if you have acid reflux that you should avoid it.

Good luck tommorow I hope you have a better time hitting your cals :)
  • Thamber
    Options
    One day won't throw you into starvation mode ...just dont make it a habit thats when it becomes unhealthy....

night :)
  • Go_Duke
    Options
    Ok thanks

when should i worry about starvation mode?
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    Hmmm I don't know if I'm more concerned about the fact that you're under 1200 calories or that you're thinking about going to bed and it's only 10 pm :tongue: Actually, I'm all talk...I'm usually a night owl but need to be up early for work tomorrow...blah I need to go to bed too!
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    Ok thanks

Worry about it if you are consistently under 1200 calories. Worry about it if you burn a lot of calories during exercise and don't eat them back. But don't worry about it today; one day should really be okay...
  • Go_Duke
    Options
    Hmmm I don't know if I'm more concerned about the fact that you're under 1200 calories or that you're thinking about going to bed and it's only 10 pm :tongue: Actually, I'm all talk...I'm usually a night owl but need to be up early for work tomorrow...blah I need to go to bed too!

haha yea im usually up till 12am to 1am or so but i worked about 13-14 hrs today and Im pooped
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    No chance-this is a day with bonus calories not used. One day this week if you have to go over, (should I tell you this?:indifferent: -jk), you have those little extras for coverage. You know you need to be down 3500 cal/wk for 1 lb loss, so it can still help for this week. :flowerforyou:
  • Thamber
    Options
    Good question lol. I dont know exasctly but Ido know that being under one day wont hurt. But I would be concerned about more then 2 days myself.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks

Just don't let it happen again. You need to fuel your body for your P90X workouts!! Try to plan your meals ahead of times so you get in enough cals!!
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options

haha yea im usually up till 12am to 1am or so but i worked about 13-14 hrs today and Im pooped

Well depending on what type of work you do, you might have burnt off a lot of calories, in which case your deficit could be much bigger, and in that case you'd better drink the shake just in case...haha aren't you sorry you asked now? :tongue:
  • Go_Duke
    Options

Well depending on what type of work you do, you might have burnt off a lot of calories, in which case your deficit could be much bigger, and in that case you'd better drink the shake just in case...haha aren't you sorry you asked now? :tongue:

well if talking burns calories then I burn allot each day :P bc thats all I do all day Long is talk talk talk,
  • Go_Duke
    Options
    Ok thanks

Just don't let it happen again. You need to fuel your body for your P90X workouts!! Try to plan your meals ahead of times so you get in enough cals!!

is 12oo cals enough with doing p90x?