Supper Meals for Breakfast

Options
zeleni
zeleni Posts: 75 Member
There are days when I would rather eat leftover food from supper than have actual "breakfast foods." This probably isn't the healthiest thing to be doing, does anybody have any suggestions how to not crave these foods in the a.m.?

Or does anybody else do this weird habit?

Replies

• sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Why would this not be healthy?

I prefer breakfast for dinner.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Lots of cultures eat things we'd consider lunch or dinner for breakfast, there's nothing wrong with it!!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    As long as your dinner was healthy ... there's no reason it wouldn't be healthy all the same when consumed for breakfast!
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    If it's healthy enough for dinner, it's healthy for breakfast too.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    i do this. i just log it like any other meal. just don't eat too much for dinner then. :smile:
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    many say that it doesnt matter when you eat it, its what you eat that counts! So as long as its in the cal limit and you want it, GREAT!!! :)
  • nathaniel6736
    Options
    I do it all the time. As long as what you had for dinner is healthy it should be no problem eating it for breakfast
  • quelquun
    quelquun Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Why not?!

I grew up in a filipino household, so un-breakfasty food for breakfast was common (I was the weird kid who had the strange mystery lunches topping a mound of rice).

Now, I still have no qualms about having stirfy and rice for breakfast. Sure, I'll add an egg, too- so it looks like breakfast.
  • SIMA80
    SIMA80 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I would love to do that, but I cannot...it puts me to sleep...and the last thing I need at work is keep on drinking coffee due to feeling sleeping
  • moodymarble
    moodymarble Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I am so not a breakfast food eater. I usually have a sandwich for breakfast, it's a great way for me to work in a protein in the am. I see nothing wrong with eating what you want at any meal. Who says we have to eat breakfast foods, lunch foods or dinner foods at those respective meals. As long as it's logged....eat away!
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    It's not unhealthy as long as it's healthy supper food! And as long as you're getting your fibre at some point in your day.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't it be healthy for breakfast if it is healthy for dinner? Sometimes for breakfast I will give my kids air popped popcorn with almonds and dried fruit. Sound strange? Think about what is in their cereal and tell me it is less healthy.
  • BackwoodsMom
    BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Growing up there was a time when dinner at breakfast was the easiest option for my mom because we all had different practice schedules for basketball. I liked switching breakfast and dinner around. A bowl of cereal for dinner was great! I also did this same thing in college with my room mate for a time. When our family is on vacation we do dinner at noon - especially cheaper if we're eating out and get the lunch menu!

Bottom line - calories in and calories out is what matters most.