Ladies: How many use a "made for a man" bodywash after worki

Options
I started doing this about a month and a half. Could be a mind thing, but I feel "fresher" after I use a stronger body wash. Then I will use a regular body wash to mask the possible stronger scent from the men's body wash if I need to go somewhere immediately after I work out.

Replies

• believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I think only the scent is stronger, not the actual body wash :)
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    I agree with the other poster. Lol
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I prefer the smell of the manly body washes. I don't want to smell like vanilla and rose-petals!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I use one for men after working out. It doesn't have a strong scent but I feel cleaner when I use it. I think most of the women's body washes I've used leave a film and I don't feel as clean.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I prefer the smell of the manly body washes. I don't want to smell like vanilla and rose-petals!
    Awesome.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

I agree. Soap is soap, regardless of who it's made for.
  • harmonysdream
    harmonysdream Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I use a body wash meant for men. The scent could be a mental thng but I do feel cleaner when I use men's body wash than when I smell all fruity or floral.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I don't use commercial body wash anymore. Try mixing nutmeg with milk or water into a paste and using it for face and body. Antibacterial (bacteria causes the body odor), exfoliating (scrubbing power of nutmeg plus lactic acid in milk), moisturizing (milk), and you come out smelling like a cookie. Be careful of cookie-holics, they may try to bite you. :-)

You can also do half baking soda, half nutmeg for a super squeaky clean but you may need to moisturize afterward. (I use coconut oil for body, grapeseed oil and rosehip seed oil for face. FYI, coconut oil is also antibacterial, good for controlling any b.o. bacteria post shower.
  • bidwhist
    bidwhist Posts: 40 Member
    Options

I know that. That is why I said it could be a mind thing. Something about the stronger smell makes my feel better after working out.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Caress for me!
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I feel MUCH cleaner using my husbands body wash. When I work out, the man wash definitely works better than the female body washes. Whenever I use those I don't feel very clean and my underarms don't smell very good lol
  • kimeister
    kimeister Posts: 212
    Options
    I use LUSH products, most of which are gender neutral. Their products are handmade, most often vegan, never tested on animals, and they do the job well.