Under calorie goal....????

Options
I have on different times seen "under their calorie goal" on my friends profiles, is that a good thing or not??? Espically when they are exercising??? I usually eat my "allowed" daily calorie intake, and exercise everyday, but don't usually eat back the calories I've burned off. Just wondering if I am doing this right??? I'm down like 15lbs in 6 wks, but want to make sure I am doing it right so the weight will stay off this time.

Replies

• NemesisJRM
    NemesisJRM Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Easiest way to answer this question is do you feel better, fuller and don't want to snack? If you eating enough and feel your eating enough, and your still losing weight, then the answer is yes. Your body is the only thing that can tel you what is working and what is not. I hit my main goal of 1690 and don't eat any of my exercise calories back, and sometime I have like 4k calories because of my training, which burns around 1.5k-2k at a time, and i do this twice a week. Just keep on trucking and you'll be fine, the wight will only come back if you go back to old eating habits....... diets or healthy eating are a lifestyle change not a quick fix and return process, once you reach your goal weight, you will increase your calorie till you find the maintain balance :-D
  • brandenocs
    brandenocs Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    It depends on HOW much under they are. If what you're doing is working, more power to you. But generally it is accepted that you should eat back what you work off. If you're a couple hundred under, no biggie but if you get in the 1k under area, you should eat more.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I have on different times seen "under their calorie goal" on my friends profiles, is that a good thing or not??? Espically when they are exercising??? I usually eat my "allowed" daily calorie intake, and exercise everyday, but don't usually eat back the calories I've burned off. Just wondering if I am doing this right??? I'm down like 15lbs in 6 wks, but want to make sure I am doing it right so the weight will stay off this time.

You will be most successful over the long haul by being within 100 calories of your goal --either way -- into the red, or under in the green. Maintain a greater deficit for an extended period and you will encounter metabolism issues in the long run.

blessings.
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm always under my calorie goal, but its usually less than 100. Even if I'm over its usually less than 100 so I don't worry about it.