Ripped in 30 Challenge Starting October 17th!!!

Options
Alright guys,

So I recently posted some great results I had from Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred video! I feel great after doing so well with that, I am ready for my next challenge and hope that some of you would like to join it with me.

The Ultimate Goal is to complete Ripped in 30 in 30 days and NOT take any days off!!! I did it with the Shred, we can do it with this!

So, if you are interested in doing this with me, get your videos NOW!

I will be starting Monday, 17th October as I would like to take a little break after the shred.

This will be my plan:

Level 1 - 17th October - 24th October (8 Days)
Level 2 - 25th October - 1st November (8 Days)
Level 3 - 2nd November - 8th November (7 Days)
Level 4 - 9th November - 15th November (7 Days)

I highly recommend taking before and after pictures because you will NOT believe the results.

Everyone should also take the following measurements on 16th or 17th October: (For arms and legs, I measure the right side!)

Weight:
Neck:
Chest:
Breast:
Waist:
Belly Button:
Hips:
Bicep:
Lower Arm:
Thy:
Calf:

I will create an excel spreadsheet to track our results - probably weigh in after each level and measure up halfway and at the end! Let me know if you're in! Cheers!

Replies

• stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    I wish I could do it with you. I actually finish the 30DS the 16th, but I'm also training for a 10k so take the weekend off from the dvd and do more running. I can't wait to see your results. I think I'm actually going to do the Biggest Loser Cardio Max next then the Ripped in 30.
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Im in..I started right after shred and needed a break from Jillian about 5 days in...but I'm ready now!
  • myscheer
    Options
    i dont have the dvd, but id give it a go? (nervous!!!)
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Awesome Lazatin and Michelle! You have some time to get the DVD! :)

Stef - You can check out my 30DS results here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/359208-30-day-shred-results :)
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options

This will be my plan:

Level 1 - 17th October - 24th October (8 Days)
    Level 2 - 25th October - 1st November (8 Days)
    Level 3 - 2nd November - 8th November (7 Days)
    Level 4 - 9th November - 15th November (7 Days)

This is perfect! My birthday is November 16th and I want to loose 18 pounds! If anyone cn make that happen i know Jillian can!
  • OatmealBowl
    OatmealBowl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Oh, wish I saw this earlier. I started today with Level 1. And I only took measurements of my Bust, Waist, and Hips. Figure I would be happy enough seeing the rest of the results via pictures. (Can't wait to rid of the stubborn belly fat).

I did :heart: my first day. It was a challenge, but great!

Posting before pics on my blog (http://www.oatmealinmybowl.com) tomorrow.
  • shauna121211
    Options
    Oh, wish I saw this earlier. I started today with Level 1. And I only took measurements of my Bust, Waist, and Hips. Figure I would be happy enough seeing the rest of the results via pictures. (Can't wait to rid of the stubborn belly fat).

I did :heart: my first day. It was a challenge, but great!

Posting before pics on my blog (http://www.oatmealinmybowl.com) tomorrow.

Hopefully you can motivate us when we start! Looking forward to hearing about your progress. Looking forward to round 2 of Jillian Madness! :)
  • happymommy40
    Options
    I am in. I have completed 30 DS and already have the Ripped in 30 DVD so I am ready to go!
  • shauna121211
    Options
    Great! The more the merrier! 1 week from Monday!! :)
  • Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Now if I understand it correctly you don't want there to be any days off?

Rest days are crucial in exercise so I hope that's not what you meant. I may be interested in joining this challenge though.
  • OatmealBowl
    OatmealBowl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I completed Day 3 of week one. It's actually getting easier. So tonight I am increasing my dumbbell weight by 1 pound.
    I know Week 2 is gonna start the pain all over. LOL.

Still need to get better at the push-ups, but I am trying my best.

I still like the video.

@Salpica you're supposed to take 1-2 days off, but at least 1 per each week interval.

Have fun you guys! I can feel the positive changes already taking place. I took my before pics too. Can't wait to share them with the after pics at D30!
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join the challenge but A) I'll be in Amsterdam until the 19th and B) I ordered "Ripped" a couple of days ago, but it's coming from the States (I'm in the UK), and I'm not sure how long it will take to get here. Maybe if I get it by the 19th, I'll join you and just be a couple of days behind?
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    I would like to start with you all. I wont be finished with the 30 Day Shred till Oct 20th, do you think it's crazy to double up for the first 3 days? Other than that Im traveling for three days to Vegas, but I bet I can track the steps and do it at the Hotel Gym without the DVD. What do you think?
  • noeleen22
    noeleen22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • shauna121211
    Options
    Now if I understand it correctly you don't want there to be any days off?

Rest days are crucial in exercise so I hope that's not what you meant. I may be interested in joining this challenge though.

The idea behind Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 DVD's is to complete the 30 day workout without any breaks, so yes that is what I meant - no days off. I completed the 30 Day Shred with no breaks already and I had great results. It's only a 20 minute workout so I personally think it's quite alright to do this for 30 days straight. If you disagree, you are more than able to take a day off once a week, but I wouldn't suggest more than that. It's your body and it's up to you what you want to do with it! :)

As for the ladies that would like to start it late, that's perfectly fine! You can weigh in the day you start and once you feel you're ready to move on to the next level! :) Also be sure to measure the first day and when you move on to level 3! :)
  • shauna121211
    Options
    Okay... I've added everyone who has put in interest to this chart: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApJz2BRGU3pidHFkUmVmOFR1dWJSNm45b0NpY0IxSmc&hl=en_US

I'll be updating as often as I need to! :) Add me as a friend if you would like! :)
  • heyyooadrienne
    heyyooadrienne Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just bought the dvds... I'm in!
  • bboeke
    bboeke Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm in too. I used 30DS to lose the first twenty but fell off the wagon. Now Jillian can kick my butt into losing another twenty.
  • shauna121211
    Options
    Every time I look back at my before and after pictures from 30 Day Shred, I get so excited for this! A week from today it begins! :)
  • hecallsmeroses
    Options
    add me please, Returning from a long weekend trip and I know I will be ready for the distraction of the challenge by that time.