Some Running Advice for Novice & Intermediate Runners :^)

2»

Replies

• SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    God bless you! Totally non-intimidating info that might just persuade me to give running a go. Thank you!
  • schmenly
    schmenly Posts: 57 Member
    That is some great information, thank you. I HATE to run, but want to be better at it, and want to do some sort of race at some point.
  • Thanks! I just started running over the summer, so this was very helpful!
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Thank you for sharing this!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,380 Member
    BUUUUUUUMP! I need all the advice I can get! Thank you!
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Good advice. Thanks
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Bump for later
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    great info.....thanks!!
  • Garfy
    Garfy Posts: 41
    I did my first 5km run back in July - when I told my husband I had entered it, he lay on the floor & laughed (quite correctly as the word run & me have never gone together).

I have never been a runner, but decided that it was about time I gave it a go - I wish I had had chance to read this before I started my training!

I finished it & even managed to run all the way. I have already signed up to go again next year & hope to better my time.

Thank you for some great info !
  • linbee83
    linbee83 Posts: 144
    Thank you for the great advice!
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member

SHOES:

Once you have determined your foot type, you will need to get shoes that compliment your foot. For example,
    I roll my foot to the outside. I am more prone to shin/knee/hip injuries because of it. Until May, I ran in shoes that had a thick
    outside sole to compensate for how my foot lands. I now run in Vibram Bikila minimalist shoes. These aren't for everyone, but they have helped me considerably with knee/ankle problems.

I run in Bikilas, too! :)
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Bump!
  • theome
    theome Posts: 101 Member
    bump
  • Margie2210
    Margie2210 Posts: 20 Member
    bump