What a last two days

Options
yesterday was my dad's 79th birthday--my DD and I made him a homemade boston cream pie--his favorite--i promised myself I wouldn't eat any--HA-I've had 2 servings. Today at my part time job we had a refreshment table for staff and visitors--I said I would only eat the fruit-again HA--I had too much. I'm 400+ calories over for the day. I did get in a walk though. Why is it so hard to stay away from all that bad stuff? I didn't want to touch it, I started out okay and then I caved. Arrgghhh. And tomorrow will be high in the 30s which is frigid for mid SC. So, I'll be working out with the Biggest loser group and maybe little Billy Blanks. Here's hoping everyone has a restful night--if your sleeping and a successful night if your up.

Replies

• phoppock
    phoppock Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    yesterday was my dad's 79th birthday--my DD and I made him a homemade boston cream pie--his favorite--i promised myself I wouldn't eat any--HA-I've had 2 servings. Today at my part time job we had a refreshment table for staff and visitors--I said I would only eat the fruit-again HA--I had too much. I'm 400+ calories over for the day. I did get in a walk though. Why is it so hard to stay away from all that bad stuff? I didn't want to touch it, I started out okay and then I caved. Arrgghhh. And tomorrow will be high in the 30s which is frigid for mid SC. So, I'll be working out with the Biggest loser group and maybe little Billy Blanks. Here's hoping everyone has a restful night--if your sleeping and a successful night if your up.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I have heard that if you eat before you go to parties that seems to help. I don't get invited to parties so I don't know. :laugh: Chew gum maybe I heard that on the biggest loser. Hope this helps and goodluck. :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Well here's the good news Hon! Today is nearly over and tomorrow is a brand new one!! So new beginnings for you and each of us each day.

For myself I steered clear of any of the junk that I was not able to keep control over at the beginning of my journey..that's what worked for me. You don't have to give it up forever, but if you need to stay away for awhile to get that back in control feeling that might help you out.

Then as you feel a bit more back in control that you can portion your treats out and enjoy them in moderation (some can do it more quickly, some wait much longer to add them back) and not tell yourself any food is bad. Yes, some are much healthier than others but a treat in itself is not bad, but everything in moderation.:drinker:

FC:heart: