swelly belly after hyst and measuring waist

Options
has anyone seen a marked difference from day to day in their waist measurement after having a hysterectomy. i had mine done lapro the end of may and i still feel like some days my belly is soooo swollen and then other days its not so bad. i'm just worried that i'll never have an accurate measurement to go by! i measured before i started 30 day shred, i'm on day 8 right now and i plan on measuring on day 10. i did measure a couple days ago and it said i was down an inch but i have no idea if my first measurement was accurate or if it was a swollen day or a less swollen day.

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    how long after?

of course it'll be swollen..you had sx
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I had some swelling in my belly for about 4 months or so after my hysterectomy...almost 3 years ago! I think if you are still having significant swelling, you should go see your doctor. You might still have a little from day to day, but it shouldn't be significant at all.
  • muddieguryl
    muddieguryl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be having significiant swelling at this point after a laparoscopic surgery. If you feel that you are still significantly swelling, you should give the doc a call. Having the hyst won't make your stomach significantly flatter unless you had gianormous cysts growing in your uterus. If you had cysts that just had 30-50 cc of fluid, you shouldn't see a difference. If you had cysts that had 300-500 cc of fluid, you should notice a difference. All depends on what was happening under the hood (sort of speak).