Personal Training When You're Broke

Options
Phoen!xflame's contribution to the world of fitness.

http://damnthefreshman15.blogspot.com/2009/01/personal-training-when-youre-broke.html

It won't be long until the trainers at my new gym hate my guts :laugh:

Replies

• Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Phoen!xflame's contribution to the world of fitness.

http://damnthefreshman15.blogspot.com/2009/01/personal-training-when-youre-broke.html

It won't be long until the trainers at my new gym hate my guts :laugh:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    hahahaha!! Thats awesome!

I actually used the sneek attack approach last week... or they did I should say. I just got done with my walk... 2nd day back in the gym and a trainer caught me as I was coming down the stairs from the upper level. He asked me how my workout was going and I said... "Great!" and went and sat down in the stretching area which was adjacent to his desk. He was obviously either bored or trying to meet a quota cuz he kept the conversation going asking if I was interested in doing some strength training. I told him that I was just getting into the habit again of getting to the gym regularly and didnt wanna hurt myself. HAHAHA! After that he was all about helping me out (of course). I got a freebie lesson for next week to work my abs and legs. Im sure they will give me some schpiel about how awesome the trainers are and try to get me to pay for more.. but all I really need is someone to show me how and what machines to use for those targeted areas.

PS. Already did this for my arms a while ago too. :)
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Moohaha, good for you!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    A lot of times, those trainers also workout at the same gym... Befriend one of them.

One of my best friends was friends with one of the trainers at the Y (they knew each other through Judo classes together), and all of a sudden, I was a third wheel... My best friend moved away this summer, but I still hang with the instructor when I see she's at the gym for her workout... I learn lots, and I work harder than I would on my own.

Dang... I do have my own personal trainer! lol