Greek Yogurt

Options

Replies

• dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    All of you get pretty creative with your yogurt! I love all of these ideas!
  • jessjayla
    Options
    Love Chobani black cherry and peach- greek yogurt is much better tasting than regular!
  • deegarcia19
    Options
    I eat plain chobani all the time. I add a packet of truvia in it.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I use the plain as a topping on my morning oats - Creamy and delicious, a nice tart contrast to warm, goo-ey cinnamon-y oats! :bigsmile:

Edit: It's also a great balanced breakfast with natural PB or egg whites whipped in... 1/4-1/3 cup of oatmeal goes a long way when you're adding in a jolt of protein as well
  • meredithd13
    Options
    for a healthy dinner, we mix low fat greek yoghurt in with a tin of drained tuna (add some sweet corn and spring onions/scallions or whatever they are called in the States). we have it with a jacket potato and salad or just the salad. we don't add any mayonnaise.

for pudding/dessert, i add a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg to low fat greek yoghurt, and add a half a teaspoon of vanilla essence. if you have a sweet tooth, throw in a little honey. i also sometimes add some LSA (linseed, sunflower, almond mix from the healthfood shop or supermarket) to boost protein.

i try to stay away from adding fruit and honey as it's just extra calories i don't need.
  • aristel
    aristel Posts: 110
    Options
    any brand plain greek yogurt with honey, fresh berries, nuts... yummy.
  • youngnrestless
    Options
    What is Greek Yogurt? I have never had any. Where can u buy it so I could try it.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    oikos 0% with ff yogurt + cinnamon
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    I eat it plain - really good!! If I have a sweet tooth I might add some honey.
  • gramofseven
    Options
    at your grocery store....my favorites are greek gods and zoi...plain with splenda and berries or honey flavored:)
  • bugsygal89
    bugsygal89 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be 100% honest here, Chobani isn't my favorite for nonfat greek yoghurt. I would actually recommend either Dannon's Oikos or Yoplait's yoghurt. The texture is nicer and a lot of them have lower sugar content. Both are very yummy though :-)
  • BestOne219
    BestOne219 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Fellow Greek Yogurt Nut..have tried many, but my favorite is Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt-Vanilla. The texture is smooth and addictive. Got most of my coworkers hooked..we call each other Addicts.."we gotta have it!'
  • beach_bum_gurl
    Options
    I like Chobani (plain, peach, or strawberry) with Kashi berry crumble mixed in....it is DIVINE!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    plain greek yogurt with some sf/ff instant pudding mix + berries/pop tarts/ice cream on top

same :smile:
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    My favorite is plain 0% with sliced strawberries and Kashi GoLean Crunch on the top :tongue:
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    All start with plain, 0% yogurt (Fage preferred, Safeway brand Open Nature second, Dannon Oikos third, Chobani and Stoneyfield Farms Organic Oikos never)

Add two-three tablespoons of pumpkin puree and cinnamon, nutmeg and ground ginger to taste. You can add a packet of sweetener if you'd like, but I prefer it without. This one is also awesome if you pop it in the freezer for awhile, just to chill and get a little frozen, not frozen solid. It's like an uber creamy pumpkin ice cream.

One - two tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder and one packet of your preferred sweetener.

Two packets of your preferred sweetener.

One teaspon of ground cinnamon.

Two tablespoons of PB2 (regular or chocolate)

Go savory and make what I call a poor man's tzatziki. Grate some cucumber into it, add a little lemon juice, some chopped dill and some garlic (I prefer putting it through a press). Then enjoy it with veggies.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I never have the flavored ones, but I love Greek yogurt. I like it with fresh sliced strawberries, fresh blueberries, or fresh pineapple.

It's also good to use it on things as if it were sour cream. I sometimes have baked potatoes with Greek yogurt and it tastes very close to sour cream on the potato.
  • BaliRun
    BaliRun Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My favorite combination is 0% Greek yogurt with peanut butter, whip it till you get a moose texture..... healthy, protein filled dessert!!! luv it!!!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    My favorite combination is 0% Greek yogurt with peanut butter, whip it till you get a moose texture..... healthy, protein filled dessert!!! luv it!!!

I've never heard of that before, but it sounds good! How much of each do you use?
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Chobani Vanilla + lime juice + 1 tsp sugar + crumbled graham cracker on top = Key Lime Pie

I also like mixing in strawberries & almonds, and I'm looking forward to pumpkin.