Veggie-savvy peeps, help me pick a meal from this menu!

Options
Some friends and I are going to this vegetarian place tomorrow for dinner.

The menu is here: http://fieldofgreenscuisine.com/menu.html

I know, it's veggie stuff, but I'm not that well versed in vegetarian cuisine. Like, what on God's green earth is "basil crusted bean curd?"

I'd like to get either a burger or a favorite. The burger buns are Ezekiel's.

Think I can get something for around 450 calories?

Let loose the suggestions!

Replies

• Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Some friends and I are going to this vegetarian place tomorrow for dinner.

The menu is here: http://fieldofgreenscuisine.com/menu.html

I know, it's veggie stuff, but I'm not that well versed in vegetarian cuisine. Like, what on God's green earth is "basil crusted bean curd?"

I'd like to get either a burger or a favorite. The burger buns are Ezekiel's.

Think I can get something for around 450 calories?

Let loose the suggestions!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Portabella burger! *drool* I LOVE portabella burgers! Green Bean Hummus Wrap sounds good to me, too! Put anything on hummus & it is delicious. LOL Those are just 2 of the things that I would try. I'm not vegan or anything, but it sounds good!

Have fun, PF!!
  • GoldLion
    Options
    As a vegetarian i wish we had that restraunt were i lived haha.
    If you want to go for a burger Falafel is really good- Falafel is chickpeas with grarlic and stuff
    But i would probably go for the boca burger. Its really low in calories surprisingly and high in protien and 0 fat and its the closest to real meat i think. :smile:
  • Phoenixflame
    Options
    Would a restaurant Boca taste better than one from the freezer aisle? I had one from the store once and it tasted like it was made of small children. And not in a good way.

Hmm...I'm considering ordering the veggie platter. It comes with "creamy miso sauce," which is listed as being made of "soy milk, ginger, and dark miso." Would this be too calorically horrific to leave on? It comes with steamed veggies, brown rice, beans, and grilled tofu. If I watched how much rice I had, think I could stay under 450? What about with the boca burger paired with a side salad?
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    My vote is for the falafel burger, if you like falafels :)
  • Phoenixflame
    Options
    I've never had a falafel, but I'm curious to try it!

What would you think a rough calorie count would be on it? I know that Ezekiel buns are 150.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    The falafel itself, so long as its made with garbanzos should be pretty light in calories... 150 calories MAX (most likely less). The other toppings the sauces will probably bring you up to 450. Note this could vary significantly on the recipe they use to make their falafels, and whether they're fried or baked.

If you've never had one before, a falafel is a ball of mashed up garbonzo beans (sometimes with other beans mixed in) along with garlic, onion, and a lot of spices. They are often very spicy (not hot spicy, but middle eastern style spicy). After its all mashed they usually fry them, and serve them with a dipping sauce or on a burger bun. Soooo good. Occasionally they bake them (I usually bake them when I make them at home but they just don't taste the same as fried).
  • Phoenixflame
    Options
    You know, I'm feeling really hungry for salmon. Not exactly vegetarian, but whatevs.

If I left off the mayo and the dill sauce, about how many calories would a salmon burger run me, with a 150 calorie bun?
  • Phoenixflame
    Options
    :frown: