Newbie ready for a life change!

Hi there. Some friends of mine showed me this site. It is nice cause I was already counting caloried and keeping a daily food journal. I started on January 5th after my husband went back to Iraq. I am eating a 1500 calorie diet and working out daily. I like to go to the gym but find it hard with two kids. I usually pop in a workout video. If anyone knows some good ones I am looking for a change but hate squats and lunges. I use the Biggest Loser dvd's and the Walk away the Pounds dvd. I have lost 8 lbs since the 5th but am at a plato right now since I have not worked out as well this week. Anyway that is a little info about me.

Replies

• thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Hi there. Some friends of mine showed me this site. It is nice cause I was already counting caloried and keeping a daily food journal. I started on January 5th after my husband went back to Iraq. I am eating a 1500 calorie diet and working out daily. I like to go to the gym but find it hard with two kids. I usually pop in a workout video. If anyone knows some good ones I am looking for a change but hate squats and lunges. I use the Biggest Loser dvd's and the Walk away the Pounds dvd. I have lost 8 lbs since the 5th but am at a plato right now since I have not worked out as well this week. Anyway that is a little info about me.
  • Jillian Michael's Thirty Day Shred is great. I used it a while back and it all seemed easy to start with, but if you like the Biggest Loser, then I'm sure you know what Jillian is like. They're great because there's no breaks so you burn calories faster than hitting the gym. Going up and down the stairs the next day I could feel it all over.