Taxing Saturated Fat

Options
2»

Replies

• melaniemarie486
    melaniemarie486 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Denmark is one of the happiest countries in the world!! I lived in Copenhagen for a summer and absolutely loved it, everyone is healthy & active. I don't think it's a bad idea actually...
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    Denmark is one of the happiest countries in the world!! I lived in Copenhagen for a summer and absolutely loved it, everyone is healthy & active. I don't think it's a bad idea actually...
    Cool! Copenhagen is a place I would like to visit.
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Absolutely ridiculous, given that the sat fat connection to hear disease has been thoroughly debunked.
  • davebrown9
    Options
    The tax on saturated fats aims at increasing life expectancy. Most Danes don't have a weight problem, probably because they consume so much butter and lard. There is, however, a high incidence of heart disease, probably because they eat too much omega-6 industrial seed oils, refined grain products, and added sugars. A diet rich in saturated fats and refined carbohydrates is vastly different from a diet rich in saturated fats and vegetables.

Taxing saturated fats should have little effect on lifespan. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRe9z32NZHY