Trying to finish what I started

Options
Hi, I'm new to MFP. I have lost 116 lbs. already but I'm stuck at the last 25. I'm 45 years old and an ethical whole-foods vegan. I'd love to make friends here and get support to cross that finish line and perhaps, help others.

My hobbies include reading, writing and animal rights advocacy. I love to cook and have a blog with my recipes which will one day, hopefully, become a cookbook.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Replies

• CindiBryce
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to MFP. I have lost 116 lbs. already but I'm stuck at the last 25. I'm 45 years old and an ethical whole-foods vegan. I'd love to make friends here and get support to cross that finish line and perhaps, help others.

My hobbies include reading, writing and animal rights advocacy. I love to cook and have a blog with my recipes which will one day, hopefully, become a cookbook.

Looking forward to meeting you!
    Animal rights activist, huh? Well, I have a closet full of fur coats from minks, foxes, and chinchillas (yes, they make those). Lol I'm joking!
  • VeganChick66
    Options
    I hope so. There's nothing funny about animals being tortured and killed for fur.

I'm here to get support for my diet, not have to defend my ethics.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Welcome. There are plenty of vegans here. I'm sure you will find a lot of support to achieve your goals. You can do it!
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    I hope so. There's nothing funny about animals being tortured and killed for fur.

I'm here to get support for my diet, not have to defend my ethics.
    Yes, I am incredibly sorry for making my inconsiderate joke. Congrats for losing 116 pounds, and good luck on the rest.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There are lots of vegans here - I suggest you post something like "looking for vegan friends" - and hopefully you won't get responses that exhibit such poor taste.

Congratulations on your incredible achievement so far!
  • VeganChick66
    Options
    That's great. I hope to meet a lot of people on here. It's hard to do it alone. Thanks for replying :smile:
  • VeganChick66
    Options
    Thanks Cindi. No worries. It's nice to meet you.