Set a new PR in my half marathon!

Options
corgifan
corgifan Posts: 155 Member
I'm not a fast runner by any means, but I broke the 3 hour mark in my half marathon this past weekend. My first half marathon (May 2010) was 3:09 and my half in September 2011 was 3:04. I shaved 9 minutes off- and that's with barely any training during the month prior (due to an illness/lung infection and allowing for a few days recovery from the September race). I felt comfortable the whole time and didn't start to really feel fatigue until Mile 10 or so!

Now I'm ready to push the pace big time. My next half marathon is in January (the 29th to be precise) and I'd LOVE to drop below 2:40! It's a Disney race, so 2:40 would be my goal while still allowing time to take pictures along the course with Disney characters. :)

Replies

• mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new PR! And Disney races are extremely fun :happy:
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! That is a huge accomplishment. Really proud of you. Way to go!

(Now, I'm a glass half full person, but 2:40 is a major goal. I think 2:50 is more realistic. The faster you get, the harder it is to get faster and faster. And you want to stop and take photos . . . just saying.)

HAVING SAID THAT, I'M FULLY BEHIND ANY GOAL YOU SET ! ! !
  • kalafowler
    Options
    That is super exciting! I am going to start training for my next marathon around March (I just had a baby and don't want to push myself too early). I have run a few half marathons and am hoping to run a full this time! Good luck and most importantly HAVE FUN!
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, how exciting!!!! What an awesome accomplishment!
  • robmaguire1
    Options
    I just signed up for my first Half Marathon next April, however I would love to do the Disney World Half Marathon in January. Everyone from MFP have been such inspirations, that I actually think I will be able to do it.
  • docshar
    docshar Posts: 16
    Options
    Good for you!! I just ran my first half marathon over Labor Day weekend and I'll be doing my next this weekend. I'd be beyond psyched if I could take 9 minutes off my time!! I'm running a Disney half in January too, that's the one where I'm really hoping to be able to improve my time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!