Motivation...I have none!!!!

Options
I do post in my food thing and I have a pedo meter that tells me the amount of calories I've burnt but that's it...How do I motivate myself?

Replies

• KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Write down all the reasons you want to lose weight or get in shape. Then read that list every time you need motivation.

Find something you enjoy.

Find something to work for...like running a marathon.

Find some friends to workout with.

...Can't think of anything else. The biggest thing is before you workout you need to find the motivation and energy within yourself because if you just force yourself to workout then you won't get very far.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You don't sit around and wait for motivation to strike, you just do what you need to do.

Plan good meals/snacks
    Think ahead for times when you are out eating and drinking so you can make better choices
    Get out of the house and walk or run or ride - or stay in and dance or play on the Wii or anything - just move.

If you made a bad choice today - well that sucks, but it's done now so there is no point in spending all your time being miserable about what has already happened.
    If you made a good choice today - that's a victory, celebrate it and plan for another one very soon!
  • RoseVernon
    Options
    I love to look at other's progress to motivate myself. Here are a couple blogs I follow:
    http://fitnessinspiration.tumblr.com/
    http://runforfit.tumblr.com/
  • BittLynne
    BittLynne Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys... I love playing my wii fit and just dance 2 ut can never play it since my parents always have the TV

I don't really have reasons why I want to loose weight I just do

To get my blood pressure down I guess its like 155 over 101
    but even getting it down I don't care about.
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    Saying you have no motivation is a negative reinforcement and it is counterproductive. If you are not satisfied with something, do something about it. Your healthy eating will soon become a habit.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys... I love playing my wii fit and just dance 2 ut can never play it since my parents always have the TV

I don't really have reasons why I want to loose weight I just do

To get my blood pressure down I guess its like 155 over 101
    but even getting it down I don't care about.

If you aren't too fussed about losing weight - what about setting yourself a goal that is fitness related - like to walk or run in a 5k race or to learn to play tennis or to belly dance or something like that?
    This way you have something positive to focus on and a reason to eat well to fuel your exercise.
  • BittLynne
    Options
    What am I supposed to say I have motivation when I really don't? because that just lying to yourself.

And I hate running and walking.

Those aren't things that get me motivated anyway.
    I don't know.
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I'm not that bothered about the number on the scales. I am going for health (and of course wealth and happiness) so i find it very difficult to modify my eating but having my trousers be too loose makes me smile and I try to remeber that feeling.

If you need to find a goal. plan a reward for every milestone. manicure, new top, new dress, city break, visit family (non food rewards are best) and think about what you are going to give yourself if you can do it.

think about the compliments people will give you and those you (may) want to make green with envy

find an exercise that's so muc fun you forget it's exercise. I've taken up hula hooping and pole dancing (in a gym as I had to reassure my mom!)

hope this give you ideas.
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Others already said it, I find that having workout buddies makes the journey much easier. Good luck!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    What am I supposed to say I have motivation when I really don't? because that just lying to yourself.

And I hate running and walking.

Those aren't things that get me motivated anyway.
    I don't know.

You have to find it within yourself. If you don't have the motivation, you're not going to be successful at all, because if you don't care...what's the point, right? Think about what you truly want to achieve and why you want to achieve that. If you can figure those 2 things out, you'll certainly find motivation.
  • BittLynne
    Options
    There is no one to exercise with sadly, Maybe if there was it'd be better

maybe not I don't like being around people much

I wish I had money to reward myself with

No job
  • BittLynne
    Options
    The only thing I want really is...well lets not mention it people will think I'm crazy
    I think that maybe if I didn't want to die as fast as possible I'd have more motivation to be healthier!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to lose weight then find a health reason. I actually don't want to lose weight that much (I would love to lose a bit but it's probably not likely) but the bigger reason is because I want to be healthy, live long, and I have PCOS so controlling my weight will control a lot of symptoms.

So now it's your turn to make a list. Whether it's to look toned (instead of lose weight) or be healthier. And then remind yourself to it everyday. You need to find reasons to have motivation. If you have no reason to workout, then you won't.

Using the Wii would work really good. When I don't want to work out I find doing workout games on the Wii really helps because it's more fun.