Ready to be fit in Singapore! Looking for friends!

babyfatz
babyfatz Posts: 9
edited October 3 in Introduce Yourself
Hi,

I'm a 28 yr old office employee in SG and I have really been frustrated with my ever-ballooning weight. I was so thin 3 years ago at 100lbs and now I am nearing 120lbs which is messing up with my self-esteem and also, I can't fit into my cute clothes anymore..

It's quite difficult to keep track of the calories as I eat mostly at the local food centers and most food items here dont really have any nutrition info. I don't get much exercise as I go to work quite early and leave a bit late in the evening already..

SG is a foodie's heaven so I'm really getting more frustrated each day coz I'm always tempted to eat... I'm trying to motivate myself into exercising but I'm always tempted to eat and then just watch tv when I get home..

Hope to find people who have similar experiences with working in the office and gaining weight :(

Replies

• Welcome to MFP! I've been there in your country last year & I like very much your food (I love spicy foods) but I find some very oily & probably has lots of sodium in it. Feel free to add me if you want :flowerforyou:
  • krackertw
    krackertw Posts: 21 Member
    Hello, I'm in similar situations with you! I'm in Taiwan and I work indoors. Add me if you want :)
    If you have long time of work everyday, maybe you can try some intense workout that only comes in a short amount of time, but remember to gradually let your body get used to them when beginning.
  • ShellyNoMore
    ShellyNoMore Posts: 2 Member
    Hi. I had to smile at your post because at 120 people will think you are crazy to lose weight. I am 136 and wanting to lose at least 6 more and people think I am crazy. I think that fat is not a number, fat is a state of mind. When I am not comfortabe in my clothes and my appearance it does not matter what the number is. I am doing ok with this site but will admit I am hungry a lot. I work in an office tha has lunch catered every day from some fabulous restaurants including dessert, so this is tough for me. I have no friends on this site, I had two but one got skinny and left and the other is having trouble motivating. It is hard to do it alone.
  • hello everyone! thank you for the warm welcome!

I have signed up for MFP last March but I just use the mobile tracker. It's my first time to join any weight-loss / fitness online community because i'm getting really frustrated and discouraged with the way things are going..

@shelly - i'm only 4'11" and the extra 20lbs just doesnt look good on me.. my clothes dont fit right anymore and shopping for medium / large clothes in this tiny island is a nightmare! everything is size small.. smaller than the petite small in the US!

@kracker - i've worked as a field engineer before and i was fitter then! i would go to offsite branches carrying CPUs, switch racks, servers by myself so it was impromptu weights training and cardio hehe but now that i'm working indoors, i just feel like a blob sitting in front of a pc all day

@lamujer - yeah the food is great but most are stir-fried or deep fried.. even the soup got some oil from other ingredients.. and it's quite difficult to refuse food as eating together is a great way to bond with officemates

I bought an XBOX 360 and Kinect last month. I also got the Biggest Loser fitness game. I just did my very first 30 minutes "moderate" workout and i feel like hell!!! thought i would pass out at the 15 minute mark.. and the exercises weren't even technically difficult.. I do hope I could keep up with the exercises because I cant fit into my office clothes anymore!
This discussion has been closed.