Breast Implants: Saline VS Silicone

Options

Replies

• iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    SILICONE! honestly, why would you get ugly looking fake boobs when you can have real looking fake boobs? youre aleady spending tons of money, so why not go realistic so people wont have to guess if theyre fake or not

THANKYOU!! :) Now.. HOW BIG lol. I have a small petite frame.

you look pretty petite. i would say no bigger than a small c. your doctor should be able to show you via computer program what different sizes would look like.
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Most women can still breast feed after implants. Go silicone. When it comes to cosmetic surgeries you should never cut corners to save a few bucks. Do it right the first time.

I haven't done the boobs yet, but I have had a modified tummy tuck and a chin implant. I'm happy with my C cups, but I would like a lift. Generally with a lift you lose some size, so I may end up with the silicone someday too.

thankyou! will choose silicone!

Good choice! I watched youtube videos before I got mine and saw women getting their saline implants removed to get silicone because of the feel and look!
  • LisaWeir74
    LisaWeir74 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I have saline and they are just fine....of course, I wasn't trying for super huge, just proportionate for my frame. Also, my implants were adjustable. After the swelling went down, I was able to put more saline in.....I looked them when they were a little bigger from swelling. After 6 months, the port was removed. I have had no troubles with them. I run, work out, water ski. They are 3 years old. Yes, I will probably have them redone but a lot of people redo them (saline or silicon) after 10 years or so.

My dr. used a pain pump that I left the office with--it delivered meds for 48 hours after surgery. I washed my hair, went to the grocery store, & went to dinner the day after. My friends who didn't have the pump were in tremendous amounts of pain.
  • kmorrison21
    kmorrison21 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I chose saline, and thats a total lie that they look or feel "more fake". haha.. No ripples, and it was the best thing i ever did for myself. I think it depends on the size and pre-surgery body as to how fake they look, not what fills them up.

One big plus to saline, is if they ever leak, its not dangerous - its just salt water. ;)

Back when i got mine, i bartended, and i was really sore, but back to work within 3 days. It wasnt easy, but it wasnt miserable. Definitely make sure you get the right doctor / staf.. that makes all the difference!
  • megcalvert
    megcalvert Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I chose saline, and thats a total lie that they look or feel "more fake". haha.. No ripples, and it was the best thing i ever did for myself. I think it depends on the size and pre-surgery body as to how fake they look, not what fills them up.

One big plus to saline, is if they ever leak, its not dangerous - its just salt water. ;)

Back when i got mine, i bartended, and i was really sore, but back to work within 3 days. It wasnt easy, but it wasnt miserable. Definitely make sure you get the right doctor / staf.. that makes all the difference!

FINALLY someone who has saline too lol. I agree with everything you said! :)
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I have silicone under the muscle and I love them.

I was a small B to start and went with 350cc and I am now a large C/Small D. I am so happy with the size because they do not look overly fake and they don't bother me while running.

My recovery was quick. My husband and I took my dog for an hour long walk downtown the day after surgery and I never experienced any pain. I had however just recovered from a severe car accident 6 months earlier, so I am unsure whether that had anything to do with it. My friend had her's done a month before me (we got a discount because of this!) and she did not do so well with the recovering. It really does vary.

Best of luck!
  • koutwater
    koutwater Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    silicone under muscle - all the way;)
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Seeing your current photos, I just have to say that I think you look great - I personally love the look of petite women with small breasts (but hey, I'm currently rocking some DD's, so maybe I'm just jealous? ;D)

But, since you've decided you want them, I'd definitely go the silicone route, regardless of cost. It would be a shame for you to go through the process of money/surgery/healing and then feel they didn't look realistic enough, you know?

And, since you mentioned pregnancy/breastfeeding - I'd be certain to ask your surgeon for very clear terms regarding with what frequency the milk ducts are damaged with the implant process.

Good luck!
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    Thanks guys! I have chosen the silicone gel or "gummy bear" implants. They are $5,500, not too bad. My consult is Tuesday and I might be able to get the surgery done as early as end of next week or beginning of that upcoming week :)
  • siabevis
    Options
    And of course Ill keep you all updated on my blog and on here :)
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options
    Thanks guys! I have chosen the silicone gel or "gummy bear" implants. They are $5,500, not too bad. My consult is Tuesday and I might be able to get the surgery done as early as end of next week or beginning of that upcoming week :)

You really need to look into taking fat from one part of your body and using it instead of any kind of 'implants' http://www.lipostructure.com/breastaug.html << thats just one place that does it, google fat for breast augmentation to get more info. They might have to be redone in 10 yrs or so (I cant remember exactly) but as for how they 'feel' its totally natural, plus you dont have to worry about them rupturing or leaking.

Once I drop my weight I want to have a lift and that type of augmentation, depending on how small my breasts get. Right now I'm in a D cup and all the really cute/sexy bra's I see are C or smaller. I really want a lift more than any thing, 3 kids in 3 yrs and losing weight.......... well you get the idea lol
  • kmichael9079
    Options
    I think whichever you decide, you are right by going under the muscle. I always feel that going under the muscle will decrease your chances of a potential breast cancer being missed when you are of mammogram age. I think also have to consider the amount of breast tissue you are starting with too. If you are an "A" cup, no matter what you get put in, they are going to be noticably rounder than natural breasts. There are different shapes as well. I suggest doing a google search and looking at pictures. It's easy to find. You can even narrow your search to the size you are and the size you want to be...as for the pain, it's bearable. I had mine done Christmas Eve and was playing with the kids on Christmas morning. The worst part is getting up from a laying down position...SO worth it:) Remember to do it for you though, no one else. Good Luck:):):)
  • siabevis
    Options

You really need to look into taking fat from one part of your body and using it instead of any kind of 'implants' http://www.lipostructure.com/breastaug.html << thats just one place that does it, google fat for breast augmentation to get more info. They might have to be redone in 10 yrs or so (I cant remember exactly) but as for how they 'feel' its totally natural, plus you dont have to worry about them rupturing or leaking.

Once I drop my weight I want to have a lift and that type of augmentation, depending on how small my breasts get. Right now I'm in a D cup and all the really cute/sexy bra's I see are C or smaller. I really want a lift more than any thing, 3 kids in 3 yrs and losing weight.......... well you get the idea lol

Lol sounds cool but i dont have any fat on my body. My body fat percentage is like 12%-15%.
  • siabevis
    Options
    Looks like I might be having my surgery next week! We shall see... :)
  • siabevis
    Options
    I think whichever you decide, you are right by going under the muscle. I always feel that going under the muscle will decrease your chances of a potential breast cancer being missed when you are of mammogram age. I think also have to consider the amount of breast tissue you are starting with too. If you are an "A" cup, no matter what you get put in, they are going to be noticably rounder than natural breasts. There are different shapes as well. I suggest doing a google search and looking at pictures. It's easy to find. You can even narrow your search to the size you are and the size you want to be...as for the pain, it's bearable. I had mine done Christmas Eve and was playing with the kids on Christmas morning. The worst part is getting up from a laying down position...SO worth it:) Remember to do it for you though, no one else. Good Luck:):):)

thanku xoxo
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I would go with Silicone.... when it comes down to your looks I wouldn't go cheap.... Think about how you want them to look for the next 10-20 years :bigsmile:
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I paid the extra money to get silicone....I'm really happy that I did.....I know a girl that has saline and hers look and feel really hard and fake. Mine are squishy, but firm, and they still jiggle and bounce like normal. Especially with as little body fat as you have, the saline would more than likely cause some rippling on you....Of course, that's all stuff a good doctor will go over and explain at your consult.

Also, mine are under the muscle, and I really really hate it....I can feel them in there every time I try to do a push up or pull up or anything that uses my chest muscle...I know that over the muscle looks less natural, but to me, it would've been a good trade-off.

If you have any other questions, feel free to message me :)
  • punkinbeanie
    Options
    I just got silicone in august, I was sore but not in pain. I went from a B to a small D, im 5 ft. mine look very real.
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options

I've been looking into this and I really want to have it done. There are a few doctors in my area that do it. I'm going to be calling them tomorrow. :)
  • Armygirl67
    Armygirl67 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Theres a new implant called the Gummy Bear which is a silicone gel that doesnt leak. The doctor actually took a knife and cut one open! Its 100% safe.. Not sure what Im going for, but Im going to ask lots and lots of ?'s during my consult :) And Ill totally go look at ur pics when Im off of work!! Yours look awesome from what I see now :)

Mine is saline i have it done 7-years ago 500CC..Went from full B to A full D..I`ve paid $ 6500+ tx at the time.
    Next time i would i am going to go with the gummy bear implant for sure..