Size 20 Jeans !

Options

Replies

• ladybug11
    ladybug11 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    That is a fantastic NSV! Even greater because of the surprise factor! You'll be in those Size 18s in no time! :wink:
  • msenn2692
    msenn2692 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling just pulled on a pair of jeans last week that i hae not worn for years. I started out at size 24 in March and am now down to an 18 getting ready to move to 16. I am changing sizes so often that I am shopping consignment stores for clothes.
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the lovely posts. :)

I am glad I kept all my small(ish) clothes and I will hold the small stuff for *when* I fit back into them.

But what about my bigger stuff my 22, 24 and a few larger ? Do I chuck them OR hold on to them for the time being ?
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    But what about my bigger stuff my 22, 24 and a few larger ? Do I chuck them OR hold on to them for the time being ?

Hold on to them for a while - they can always be packed up and put out of the way somewhere - unless storage is an issue, in which case, keep a basic selection and give the rest to charity
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thanks will do. :)
  • msenn2692
    msenn2692 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i do the same thing. I have been going to a consignment shop to pick up clothes because i don't have skinny clothes any more. The nice thing i bring in a load of fat clothes when i go to get rid of.
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I remember this exact victory! i almost cried. I started out a size 26.
    With regard to smaller clothes, defnitly keep them! With regards to larger clothes, chuck them!!! Donate, immediately. As soon as the smaller size fits, goodwill trip! It will keep the cluter down and then you won't be able to back slide. You know if you gain enough that those pants don't fit, you won't have anything to wear!
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Keep one pair of fat pants and one fat shirt...Every once in awhile i put my new shirt over the old ones and am so excited to see the change..especially when i plateau.....i also did the hold old pants infront of you and drop to see the new me...my goal is to get all of me in one pant leg! And i never want to go back to that..so i keep them as a reminder!
  • loki3981
    loki3981 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hold on to your 18s you will get there!! I threw out all my smaller size when I got heavy and wish like crazy I hadnt

I did this too! Literally about 6 months ago before I decided to make a change. Kicking myself now.

SO SO happy for you! Congratulations!!!!
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I kept one shirt and one pair of pants..and donated 6 bags of clothes...I am NEVER going back to PLUS SIZE again...
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great NSV! The stuff you have that is too big you chuck because you will ever get into them again. Only save 1 pair of your largest jeans so you can do the before and after shot in the future. Stuff that is too small save cause you will be needing them!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that an awesome NSV!!! That has happened to me a couple times during this journey... I went from 18's to 14's, and 14 plus right to 13 regular... skipped 2 whole sizes.... you never know until you try :) sometimes we just make old clothes work that don't have too!

Good job!
  • TiffanySuscheck
    TiffanySuscheck Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    great work!!
    sliding into smaller jeans feels better than eating any cake I've ever had
    xD
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great NSV! The stuff you have that is too big you chuck because you will ever get into them again. Only save 1 pair of your largest jeans so you can do the before and after shot in the future. Stuff that is too small save cause you will be needing them!

Agreed!! I saved 1 pair of jeans and 1 top, otherwise the rest is gone!!! I have been buying minimal 'transition' clothes along the way becuase stuff too big isn't flattering either :)
  • kme2011
    kme2011 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    congrats. I can't wait for this feeling. I'm in a size 14/16 now and i can't wait to put on some 12 or even 10. i've kept them since i've had my children hoping one day i would loose enough weight to get into them again. i'm working slowly on that and one day i will get there. Hold onto that feeling and keep loosing your weight and you will have many more days like that. :)
  • marz31
    marz31 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Awesome! and not having to go BUY new pants that fit is a bigger bonus. when I get to 20 I'll have a whole wonderful wardrobe that I hope I pass up REALLY fast into the 18s and 16s :D May you only be in the 20s for a short time!!!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Happy Dance for you!!! I started to at a VERY tight 24W and after about three months had moved into a nicely fitting 20. I have plateaued for six weeks but yesterday still fit two pairs of 18s! That was awesome! Even though I am not losing I am toning so my clothes are fitting better. Keep up the great work and definately keeping the smaller clothes is a real life saver.
  • janaedey
    Options
    THAT IS SO AWESOME! be very proud of yourself, i am sure all of us MFP'ers are!
  • wildcatlizzie
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your victory. I started at a 22 and constantly told myself I wouldn't go back to that size, so I donated just about all my clothes. I only held on to more expensive items...like leather jackets. Figured I had family or knew someone who would benefit from my old clothes. Not having old clothes around worked for me, my focus was new clothes in smaller sizes...I also did alterations on work slacks.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!