Protein

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions for me. I'm having a hard time not going over my protein. I do very good with the calories, carbs, and fats. But, I seem to keep going over in the protein....

Replies

• bossypants
    Options
    Does anyone have any suggestions for me. I'm having a hard time not going over my protein. I do very good with the calories, carbs, and fats. But, I seem to keep going over in the protein....
  • Rosette
    Rosette Posts: 34
    Options
    I use whey protein, easier when it comes to my daily protein intake
  • Rosette
    Rosette Posts: 34
    Options
    I use whey protein, easier when it comes to my daily protein intake
  • cleo77
    cleo77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I would not be too concern about that. Everyone body needs a different amount of protein base on daily fitness activy. I think it's more important to listen to your body. Your body will tell you if your comsuming too much protein. More importantly, it's a good idea to stick with lean proteins like fish, chicken, and whey because it's easier for the body to breakdown and for overall health issues.:wink:
  • bldntz1856
    bldntz1856 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    According to my goal, 1/2 pound of weight loss a week, I am set at a limit of 98g of protein a day. Having said that I consume anywhere from 250g to 300g a day. I replace my carbs with protein and vice versa depending on how I feel and look.

The caloric level set simply states that if you remain at this point you will lose weight based on the information you provided. With that said everyone has different sensitivities to carbs and fat.

As long as you are seeing results, then don't focus on the protein number. Keep the protein coming from lean sources, but don't be afraid of a nice steak, or some cheese every once in a while. Having a higher intake of protein will curb hunger, preserve muscle mass, and keep your fire fueled!

Enjoy the journey!

:smile: