Mama Pooch Problem

Options
I am only 3 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight, but I still have a pooch on my tummy. I've got the stretch marks to go with it too! :frown: Any of you moms out there have a secret to getting rid of either of these? My baby is already 8 months old, and I was hoping to be back to normal by 9 months (since it took 9 months to put it all on in the first place).

Jenna

Replies

• jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I am only 3 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight, but I still have a pooch on my tummy. I've got the stretch marks to go with it too! :frown: Any of you moms out there have a secret to getting rid of either of these? My baby is already 8 months old, and I was hoping to be back to normal by 9 months (since it took 9 months to put it all on in the first place).

Jenna
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    here here sister!!! if u find something let me know!!!
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I've got the same problem but I've had 5 kids, and the last 3 were pretty close together. I don't think it will ever be perfect, and I'm ready to accept that, my kids are everything, and from what I've heard lotions and creams are a waste of money, i'm just hoping an overall weight loss then focusing on the core will work. If I hear anything that will work besides surgery I'll post it. Good luck to you :happy:
  • Crystal715
    Options
    Agreeded I am only 13 pounds from my pre-preg weight and my daughter is almost 18 months I have a c-section sag like you wouldn't believe! I have starting using an Avon's ANEW CLINICAL Lift and Tuck Professional Body Shaper, I have only been using it for about a week now and I have seen a little difference. www.youravon.com/cwilson0000. If it ends up really working after a month I will let you know.

Crystal
  • abillings9
    Options
    Honestly, it takes your body at least a year to recover from being pregnant. If you're BF you'll drop weight more quickly and shrink your uterus which helps tone the muscles down there a little bit, but the only thing I"ve read that ever puts a tummy back to pre-preg. condition is a tummy tuck! Some mommy's get lucky and don't have it as bad as others... each person's different. The muscles become separated while preg., which is why momma's tummies look like that. My daughter was a big baby (for me) and really gave me that saggy stomach. I've tried crunches, losing weight, everything and it still has never really gone away. It's just one of those things that happens once you have kids.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    According to Jillian Micheals, a reverse crunch will help reduce that baby pooch.

http://sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=8

I've had a "baby pooch" all my life....I'm hoping that now that I'm losing weight and building muscle that I will finally see it disappear.
    Congrats to all of you losing baby weight. I was officially at pre preg weight when my baby hit 6 months. My oldest baby is 6 and I'm finally losing those last 10 lbs from him :happy:
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have tried everything for stretch marks so there is no hope there. There is hope to getting your pooch gone. I started with 50 sit ups and slowly worked up to eventually doing 200 sit ups a day. I did this until it was gone and no I do not o that anymore and my stomach still looks pretty fit. I do think running and strength training help too:happy: And the smaller your stomach gets the less you notice those stretch marks. :happy:

Alisha
  • lulubenmom
    Options
    I've lost lot's of post baby weight, but still look 5 months pregnant after I eat. I work out 6 x week, twice with a trainer for last 6 months. My OB/GYn checked my stomach and said the muscles are still separated (I had a c-section 14 months ago), she said exercise won't fix it, only a tummy tuck.

My trainer say's to not do normal crunches or anything that makes the stomach bulge outwards, that will make it worse. This won't apply if you don't have the separated muscle problem. I've been doing lots of core & transverse muscle exercises, like planks, side planks of every variety etc. Also holding the stomach in as often as I can remember. Pilates is supposed to be good too.

I've still got a small pooch, if it doesn't work by next year i think I'll get the tuck..... anyone else done that?
    bump