Im new.. what should i do!?

Options
Hello everyone!
I'm new to MFP,
I've recently gained 20 pounds, lost 10 pounds and then gain back 15 pounds :(
I've been trying to lose weight but i've always lacked the motivation to do so. I know its going to take some time but i just can never seem to stick with it. I'm hoping this site will help me with the motivation aspect of it. If anyone has some tips or ideas just let me know! :) i would love new friends to help me with my weight loss :)

Replies

• ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi Blackkballoon

Welcome to MFP!
    I have only been using this site for the last month or so and only really got into how the site works a few weeks ago!
    Maybe we can help each other out, I have a long way to go as I have loottts of lbs to shed!
    As me if you would like a MFP buddy!
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    I was the same as you and this site seems to be the motivation i needed. Be strict with it though, in terms of adding your cals and so on. THIS WEBSITE IS THE BEST :)
  • ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    That was meant to say Add to as! lol
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    my advice for help with motivation....kick it up a notch on your profile write down at least 10 things you HATE about being overweight. be specific. this is going to be your motivation magic bean. when you read it, you will be reminded about why you have chosen to commit to a healthier lifestyle.

in addition, write down those things you LIKE and LOVE about being overweight. for most folks, this list would include: (a) being lazy; and (b) being able to eat whatever I want. however, I realize some folks have other reasons for enjoying the overweight lifestyle.

and, to be blunt, it sounds like your scale will continue to go up unless you do something about it. committing to a healthier lifestyle will be easier now than when you gain another 10-20 pounds. yeah, I know it sucks to read that....but I hope it helps to motivate you.
  • wackynunu
    wackynunu Posts: 103
    Options
    Motivation...that is the key. For me 90% of the challenge is motivation. Forming good habits in my diet and exercise routine is only about 10% of it. Everyone's motivation is different. My motivation is constantly changing. First it was seeing the scale go over 200 pounds, the embarrassing times when I ran into old friends around town, and avoiding certain people that I thought would judge me for my weight gain. Sometimes it can be a cute outfit that I haven't worn in forever. Recently it was my Dr. telling me that my knee is pre-arthritic and the best way to keep it healthy is to maintain a normal weight.

Find your motivation, write it down, repeat it over and over in your mind. You can do it.
  • xorachelrose
    Options
    aw thanks for all the great advice! i'm already loving this website!