I find it hard to stay at 1200 cals a day! Help please!

krimsontide82
krimsontide82 Posts: 2
edited October 3 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been logging my calories but I find it really hard to stay at 1200 calories! I eat b'fast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner. I find myself on the nights I workout more hungry once I get home and eat dinner. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Recipes, snack ideas, etc. Thanks!

Replies

• iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Is 1200 your daily goal for calories? It may be that your body needs more calories than that to function. You will still lose weight if you increase it a little bit. 1200 is the bare minimium for any weight loss program.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    eat back some exercise calories on the days you work out? Also, you can set MFP to lose 1 or 1.5 pounds per week, instead of 2. Find more filling lower calorie foods to eat like lean protein.
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Eat back your exercise calories. You should be netting, at least 1200. I also like to zig zag my calories. If I go 2-3 days without working out and hit pretty low, I up it for a couple days and go over on purpose. It helps me from binge eating.
  • if your working out eat back your exercise calories
  • KimmehL
    KimmehL Posts: 373 Member
    If you are working out--eat some/all of your exercise calories back. Days where I am hungry, I snack on lean protein or heavy-on-the-fiber food, and that helps.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Search online for healthy eating and recipes. There are many sites with recipes. http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/the-best-healthy-snacks-in-your-supermarket. Try to find lower carb, fat and calorie substitutions for the things you love. Log the food before you eat so you can make better choices before you eat.
  • catniph
    catniph Posts: 11
    If you're working out, you can eat more food to balance out the extra calories you earned.
    Otherwise you're burning those extra calories and putting yourself under the 1200

(Example: If you eat 1200 but burn an extra 200 calories above your normal daily life, technically you're only having 1000 calories)
  • armymil
    armymil Posts: 163 Member
    Up your fiber and protein. Protein makes you fuller as the same for fiber. I don't like fiber myself because of the side effects but protein is nice. You can get protein in drink / powder form.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    http://www.shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com/ <- this is helpful

If you eat really clean it is easier to stay at 1200.
  • I'm having exactly the same problem, feel like I'm going to pass out this afternoon and feel faint!!!

Same problem and its only ‘Day 3’

I’ve got to go to an Awards ceremony on Friday which is going to be HELL as going with my fiancé (keep nearly putting ‘boyfriend’ ) and everyone that’s going to be there are fitness freaks! And sooooo slim, its for the Tennis awards for coaches (his business is coaching Tennis)……

.I’m bloated more than ever today drank loads of water you can see what I’ve eaten don’t know if theres anything I can do to at least not be so bloated for Friday……
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    I find it hard too! That's why I exercise and eat back my cals!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    You should be eating your exercise calories and you may need to increase your daily calorie goal.
  • I agree with others that you may need more than 1200 calories, and that you should eat back your exercise calories--at least some of them, anyway!

Also make sure you're getting plenty of protein and fiber to help you feel more full. Healthy fats do the same thing, too--peanut butter, nuts, dark chocolate, seeds, and pesto are all great things to add to your meals to help you feel more full longer.
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    that is why i exercise I mean if i didnt it would be hard for me to eat only 1200 everyday. I simply cant eat that little, soem days of course i can but others I have to eat more. Im short so my calories to lose 1 a week is 1200 it says unless im doing something wrong. I have a job where i sit alot so i put my thing on sedentary also.

My point im trying to make is..If i want to eat more i go do some exercise. It is a great motivator. LOL
  • jbrautigam24
    jbrautigam24 Posts: 39 Member
    I'm having the opposite problem..I'm having a hard time meeting my 1200 cals a day goal....I eat breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, and dinner, sometimes after dinner snack. I also workout most days and hardly ever net unless I eat something really high in fat and calories for one of my meals. I know I'm supposed to be netting 1200, but I don't want to force myself to eat when I don't feel hungry.
  • gipperakh
    gipperakh Posts: 102 Member
    If you're hungrier later in the day then consume less calories with breakfast or lunch. I usually have a small breakfast, a decent size lunch and then eat a nice dinner.
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    The cleaner you eat, the easier it should be for you to eat plenty to make you feel satisfied and stay within calorie range.

Seriously, I can net 900 calories and feel stuffed just by eating clean (you know, when I actually DO it....lol).
  • AliciaLucas_72
    AliciaLucas_72 Posts: 112 Member
    I have been logging my calories but I find it really hard to stay at 1200 calories! I eat b'fast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner. I find myself on the nights I workout more hungry once I get home and eat dinner. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Recipes, snack ideas, etc. Thanks!

You're hungry for a reason, you seem to be trying to lose too much to quickly and on top of that not eating your exercise calories, I know it's sounding like a broken record but eat back your extra calories burned after a work out. It helps your metabolism and you will lose more in the long run. good luck
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Up your fiber and protein. Protein makes you fuller as the same for fiber. I don't like fiber myself because of the side effects but protein is nice. You can get protein in drink / powder form.

Exactly. I find that I can have 2 hard boiled eggs for very few calories and I feel fuller longer than if I ate a serving of pasta.
  • http://www.shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com/ <- this is helpful

If you eat really clean it is easier to stay at 1200.

LMAO!! Awesome.
This discussion has been closed.